Fonterra Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

3.1

Operations Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra.

Interview

Interview process took about a month. Was very relaxed and more of a conversation than questions being asked by the hiring managers. Found through a head hunter and had a pre-screening interview with them, which then moved onto a phone interview with the person that I would be working for. After that had 1 face to face interview with my boss and another team member.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, challenges, opportunities, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fonterra is very generous so didn't need to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Rosemont, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

All interview questions are SAR questions. However, the interview will begin with the most obvious one: Tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time where you made a mistake. What happened, how did you react, and what was the result.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview, Group exercise, Presentation. Took most of the day, everyone was quite friendly and did there best to make you comfortable. We all got a free ice cream and goodies bag at the end.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christchurch (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Christchurch (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after the Careers Fair at my University. Went through an online testing process for quantitative, psychometric testing etc, passed these tests and got an online interview (I was able to re record answers if I wanted). I got asked 5 questions and was given 5 minutes to answer each of these.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fonterra? Why attracted to you Fonterra? What are your career ambitions? How would someone you know describe your personality? (to that effect).   Answer Question

Ships and Ports Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was left with the impression that a candidate had already been earmarked for the role, and that the interview was given out of courtesy. The interview itself seemed very hastily put together in an effort to tick all the boxes from an HR perspective. I was invited to a follow up meeting with the HR representative to state I had been unsuccessful and explain why, extremely awkward meeting to which you could sense the HR partner wanted to leave after the first 2 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fonterra in June 2014.

Interview

A recruiter who had my records contacted me about the opportunity and arranged an interview with the hiring manager. The head office in Melbourne is situated in a business park area and requires a vehicle to get to (little public transport) and with this volume of drivers, parking is somewhat difficult. The interview was with the hiring manager and an HR representative. The former was very serious, almost intimidating and didn't warm up through the discussion. Perhaps this was her style and I found it somewhat unnerving. The HR person (who was new) was much more accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you uncovered a consumer insight and how you evaluated its potetntial for success   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Plymouth (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (New Plymouth (New Zealand)) in November 2011.

Interview

They were thoughtful in organising a phone interview to facilitate convenience. The questions were pretty standard, mostly surrounding getting to know the candidate, gaging capabilities, experience, strengths and weaknesses. The questions directed at me was more specifically on my technical skills and how I can add value to a specific project they needed assistance on at that particular time. Overall, it was a good interview process