Food 4 Less

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

1.7

Customer First Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food 4 Less.

I was hired at a job fair. It was a room full of managers from all over the city and you had an interview right on the spot. Then if you qualified you were asked to step into the next room where you were drug tested.

Interview Questions
    Do see yourself working for Food4Less?

Utility Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food 4 Less.

i did not plan on applying for work there because i was on my way to another job enter view, i walked in to buy a drink i saw the employment kiosk and decided to apply, i was almost done when the 2nd in charge at the store noticed me and walked up to ask me what position i was applying for and if i had in open schedule? i said im open for any position and my schedule was clear. she then told me to see her when i finished for the interview. the interview was done in the break room it was her and one other manager, it was a pretty fast talk they printed my application and told me i was hired i just needed to pass a drug test and join the union after that i went to training.

Interview Questions
    • how many boxes can you lift per second and do you have warehouse experience?   View Answer
    nothing they offer one type of new hire work utility clerk

Utility Clerk/Gas Station Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food 4 Less.

Did many online applications for all the food4less areas around me. Got a call back from the Moreno Valley one and went in. Interviewed with the manager who was really nice and easygoing. Took my drug test on the spot and waited for the call back about 2 weeks later for paperwork signing and orientation.

Utility Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Food 4 Less in August 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview within a few days. The interview was smooth and currently waiting(one week so far) to finish the paper work and orientation.

Customer 1rst Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food 4 Less.

Did an online app and was called two days later,went to the interview and talked about my old job and that's it. Two days later I did my mouth swab drug test and that next week I did orientation. My advise would be to be yourself and smile because it goes along way :)

There was none

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food 4 Less in June 2012.

Received a call from the HR dept. and they asked me to come in. Told to ask for Ken. Arrived 10 min. early asked for Ken.. Seems it was Ken's day off. So I waited for someone else to interview me.. After all of that I am told that "Everyone" has to start out as a "Cart Attendent". They hire from within... That is all good and fine, but when you apply for a position and they call you they should mention this before you go all the way in there.

Interview Questions

I applied for Bakery and they offered me a Cart Attendent position. Min. wage... You have to push carts in order to move up or advance to the next level.

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Food 4 Less in October 2010.

The interview consisted on simple questions that related to who I was. I also had to do a background check and provide a mouth swap to test for drugs. For me the interview process was simple.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a position as a utility clerk. Since I needed the money I accepted. I was not offered a better position.

Customer First Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food 4 Less in August 2010.

I was called in and offered the position after the position being described. I had experience in the field and so they felt I was able to do the job. However they hired me with the expectation that I would be promoted quickly to cashier which did not happen for 3 years. It was very misleading.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked. The position was explained and they asked me if I wanted the job. I think they would be better served by asking questions so they got a higher quality worker.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food 4 Less in January 2010.

Friend recommended me. Just had to pass the drug test. They just asked simple questions about my expectations and work ethic. They were willing to work with my school schedule so that was the biggest thing for me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; union job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Food 4 Less in March 2009.

complete online application no interview