Food City

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Food City.

Interview Details – Interviews were done by Regional HR and District Managers at that time. Today, it is a tiered process with assessments and in-person interviews. The process was friendly and every effort was made to make me feel
comfortable during the hiring process.

Interview Question – The questions are basic on what you would do if. Also, what was your greatest professional achievement . They are looking for how you helped your staff grow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked other managers about what I should ask for. It was very helpful.

Assistant STOCK Manager Interview

Assistant STOCK Manager
Cumberland, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Food City in June 2010.

Interview Details – There was no process. Filled application out, walked in talked to manager and was hired on the spot. Worked the same day. They really don't do any background checks or anything.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was over fast.

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Deli/Bakery Associate
Berlin, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Food City.

Interview Details – I met with the assistant store manager after inquiring about a help wanted sign at the customer service desk and completing a simple paper application in the store. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, and though I had never worked in retail or the food service industry before, it was clear that this didn't matter & I was hired on the spot.
I then filled out some paperwork & was introduced to my immediate supervisor in the deli-bakery dept. After reviewing the uniform requirements and my schedule, the hiring process was concluded & I became an employee of Food City.

Interview Question – none of the questions were difficult or unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure to clarify what your job functions will be, and what jobs you are not willing to accept. I was given the impression that I would work in the bakery. In reality there were no openings in the bakery, and I was assigned to work the deli section.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Food City.

Interview Details – they made me feel comfortable and I didn't feel stressed during the interview which normally that is how I would normally feel. They explained everything to me plainly and clearly and they made me feel I was important to the job. They basically made it feel like I was having a conversation with someone I just met.

Interview Question – I don't remember having any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Food City.

Interview Details – Application was submitted then called in for an interview. Base interview questions, "what would you contribute to this company?" or "why do you want to work here?"

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Deli-Bakery Clerk Interview

Deli-Bakery Clerk
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Food City in May 2011.

Interview Details – Strange interview. Wasn't asked much about the job itself, just about my past life experience. When the manager found out I had been abroad, we talked about that (very casually I might add) for around 30 minutes, and then he shook my hand and a day or so later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Floral Manager Interview

Floral Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Food City in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two supervisors from two different districts and the store manager. Each took turns asking questions. It was very light, we all laughed a couple times.

Interview Question – What are some of my hobbies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is NO negotiation phase. This company has to be the lowest paying grocery store on the planet!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Food City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Food City interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Food City employees and interview candidates.