Food City

Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Food City.

Interviews were done by Regional HR and District Managers at that time. Today, it is a tiered process with assessments and in-person interviews. The process was friendly and every effort was made to make me feel
    comfortable during the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic on what you would do if. Also, what was your greatest professional achievement . They are looking for how you helped your staff grow.   Answer Question
    I asked other managers about what I should ask for. It was very helpful.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazard, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazard, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food City in June 2014.

I did application online. Took in my resume. Had a Interview. Interview went really well, the Associates were very nice, professional and acknowledge my willingness to work! During the interview they ask several questions about past employment, why you choose their company to work for. I was ask to do a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If an female employee came to you and said she was being harassed sexually by her Manager, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food City.

I met with the assistant store manager after inquiring about a help wanted sign at the customer service desk and completing a simple paper application in the store. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, and though I had never worked in retail or the food service industry before, it was clear that this didn't matter & I was hired on the spot.
    I then filled out some paperwork & was introduced to my immediate supervisor in the deli-bakery dept. After reviewing the uniform requirements and my schedule, the hiring process was concluded & I became an employee of Food City.

Interview Questions
    Be sure to clarify what your job functions will be, and what jobs you are not willing to accept. I was given the impression that I would work in the bakery. In reality there were no openings in the bakery, and I was assigned to work the deli section.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Food City.

they made me feel comfortable and I didn't feel stressed during the interview which normally that is how I would normally feel. They explained everything to me plainly and clearly and they made me feel I was important to the job. They basically made it feel like I was having a conversation with someone I just met.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember having any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food City.

Application was submitted then called in for an interview. Base interview questions, "what would you contribute to this company?" or "why do you want to work here?"

Deli-Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food City in May 2011.

Strange interview. Wasn't asked much about the job itself, just about my past life experience. When the manager found out I had been abroad, we talked about that (very casually I might add) for around 30 minutes, and then he shook my hand and a day or so later I was called with a job offer.

Assistant STOCK Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food City in June 2010.

There was no process. Filled application out, walked in talked to manager and was hired on the spot. Worked the same day. They really don't do any background checks or anything.

No negotiation. It was over fast.

Floral Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Food City in May 2010.

Interviewed with two supervisors from two different districts and the store manager. Each took turns asking questions. It was very light, we all laughed a couple times.

Interview Questions
    There is NO negotiation phase. This company has to be the lowest paying grocery store on the planet!