Food Lion Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 3 days later to come in for an interview in one week. I came in on my lunch break and was required to wait an hour past my appointment time before I was even seen (I was the first interview too). The interview was pretty quick and started off with shuffling through apparently unread applications trying to find mine and then going over my work experience. Once it was discovered I had no previous specific grocery store experience, despite previous management experience in a food related environment and a management degree, I could tell I was immediately no longer considered for the position. There was no interest in hearing how my experience could be applied even if I was an outsider of the company since, at this point, I was just being told how you basically could never be successful in this position if you didn't start at the absolute entry level in Food Lion and work up over years. The rest of the interview was just trying to talk me down to what amounted to a standard hourly position that would actually be a downgrade from my position at my current employer. I don't even know why I was interviewed if the lack of interest in company outsiders is so apparent; ultimately, a waste of my and the company's time, frankly.

Interview Questions

• What are your current job duties/accomplishments?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

1) Fill out online job application (including SS #, available hours, education, etc.)
    2) Approximately one month after submitting the job application an HR representative contacted me by phone and set up an interview
    3) Interview was held in employee break room with two store managers. They asked a total of six questions.
    4) HR contacted me within a week and a half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Wilmington, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online then you may get a phone call for a sit down. It could be a panel or individual store manager. It pretty straight forward they only look at applications when then need someone. At store level they rarely seek to fill the pipeline until there is a need.

Interview Questions

• how did you manage a conflict, how did you overcome a tough situation, describe what a team means to you, what made you choose food lion.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no real negotiation, you can ask what you would like based on your previous experience and pay if a new hire, if you are internal employee its 8-10% of your current wage.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Manager was very courteous when scheduling interview to make sure it was convienient for me. Interview was done with current store manager and another manager from a different store. The process was very enjoyable, especially since I had worked for them years ago. Very relaxed and casual setting, which eased my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was "What do you think your biggest challenge will be if hired?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Food Lion (Greensboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

One must apply online for any posted position. Any posting that is available may not be currently available due to the fact that it was not cleared from the job board. Be sure to look for the most current date. If you have any type of criminal background or court judgement, not to include traffic violations then there is no need to apply. Be honest and straight forward. Many of these interviews are business casual. Looking for knowledge with managing people, work experience and profitability and sales. Most are looking for self starters and able to handle change with no walls. Listen to the questions and answer them in whole, not too thorough or animated.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your morning cashier called out, the safe was $500 short and your DM wants to know why and your fresh departments are blown out?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your weakest traits?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

No interview, just got promoted from within

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation