Food Lion

Food Lion Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

1) Fill out online job application (including SS #, available hours, education, etc.)
2) Approximately one month after submitting the job application an HR representative contacted me by phone and set up an interview
3) Interview was held in employee break room with two store managers. They asked a total of six questions.
4) HR contacted me within a week and a half

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

Manager was very courteous when scheduling interview to make sure it was convienient for me. Interview was done with current store manager and another manager from a different store. The process was very enjoyable, especially since I had worked for them years ago. Very relaxed and casual setting, which eased my nervousness.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was "What do you think your biggest challenge will be if hired?".   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion in October 2011.

One must apply online for any posted position. Any posting that is available may not be currently available due to the fact that it was not cleared from the job board. Be sure to look for the most current date. If you have any type of criminal background or court judgement, not to include traffic violations then there is no need to apply. Be honest and straight forward. Many of these interviews are business casual. Looking for knowledge with managing people, work experience and profitability and sales. Most are looking for self starters and able to handle change with no walls. Listen to the questions and answer them in whole, not too thorough or animated.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your morning cashier called out, the safe was $500 short and your DM wants to know why and your fresh departments are blown out?   View Answer
    • What is one of your weakest traits?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

No interview, just got promoted from within

No negotiation