Food Lion Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy. I met with the manager, he asked the basic "tell me about yourself," "what kind of qualities will you bring to this store?" etc. I was hired on the spot and started working that day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I got called in for an interview the day after I put in my application online. The interview was a few days after putting in my application. The interview lasted all of 10 minutes and then I was hired, I started working the following day.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I kept calling and calling. Finally when called in for interview, the process went very smoothly. The supervisor was very friendly and asked all the appropriate questions. I ended up taking the job offer and giving my years of experience able to start off a little more than most employees that come on board.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Applied Online. Waited a week and called to follow up about my application. They called me in to be interviewed. The interview process was one on one and was very standard. After the interview they offered the job and I accept. It was a pain free process.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Charleston, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion (Elkton, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, as that is the only way to do so. They always keep the store at max staff, so it is very hard to get in. However, someone quits every few days, so you just need to call in on the right day and they will ask you to come in for an interview. It is decided that you will get hired before you even get to the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it