Food Lion Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

1.7

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I kept calling and calling. Finally when called in for interview, the process went very smoothly. The supervisor was very friendly and asked all the appropriate questions. I ended up taking the job offer and giving my years of experience able to start off a little more than most employees that come on board.

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Applied Online. Waited a week and called to follow up about my application. They called me in to be interviewed. The interview process was one on one and was very standard. After the interview they offered the job and I accept. It was a pain free process.

Cashier Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Food Lion.

Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

I applied online, as that is the only way to do so. They always keep the store at max staff, so it is very hard to get in. However, someone quits every few days, so you just need to call in on the right day and they will ask you to come in for an interview. It is decided that you will get hired before you even get to the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Questions
    really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

One on one interview with customer service manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Very easy standard questions. Mainly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Was called maybe within a week or so of submitting application. After receiving telephone call, had face to face interview with store manager. Was offered job at the end of the interview. Was pretty standard - nothing really memorable sticks out - just your basic customer service type questions - with a few skill (math, cash register, etc.) questions mixed in.

Interview Questions
    Tried very hard to negotiate salary, but was coming from the office world and the store manager basically said I made more at my last job than he does as the store manager. Got a tiny wiggle room, but was still under a $1 more/hour than original offer.