Food Lion

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Question – My start date?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Dalton, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was straight foward but scripted I love my head manager

Warrenton, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

Interview Details – For this position your interview is with the Customer Service Manager. There is only one interview

Interview Question – To me this was a very easy interview, no unexpected questions, just about how much customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Locust Grove, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in June 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview, hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None. I don't think she even asked me a work related question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Ormond Beach, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – One on one interview with customer service manager.

Interview Question – Nothing. Very easy standard questions. Mainly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Williamston, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Was called maybe within a week or so of submitting application. After receiving telephone call, had face to face interview with store manager. Was offered job at the end of the interview. Was pretty standard - nothing really memorable sticks out - just your basic customer service type questions - with a few skill (math, cash register, etc.) questions mixed in.

Interview Question – Strengths, weaknesses - pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried very hard to negotiate salary, but was coming from the office world and the store manager basically said I made more at my last job than he does as the store manager. Got a tiny wiggle room, but was still under a $1 more/hour than original offer.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – I filled out the application and got called in for the interview a few days later. I showed up half an hour early after walking half an hour. She said she liked my dedication when she asked about my being early and I told her that I had walked there. She took me into the back, pulled out my application. I had applied for the office job but she interviewed me for the cashier position. The interview was just going over the application. I pressed for the office position because of my experience and schooling. She said I'd be promoted after 30 days once I learned their register. Yeah that didn't happen.

Negotiation Details – I was told I would get higher then the starting wage because of my experience. Which I did get. Then I was told that after 30 days I would be moved into the office which didn't happen and they refused to talk to me about why.

Burlington, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Food Lion in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on a Friday. Called in for an interview on Sunday. The interview didn't consist of much more than 'can you start tomorrow morning?'

Interview Question – No difficult question at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, was offered about $2 over the minimum wage at the time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Food Lion

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Food Lion Cashier interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Food Lion employees and interview candidates.