Food Lion

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Food Lion

Interview Details – Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Question – What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Elkton, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, as that is the only way to do so. They always keep the store at max staff, so it is very hard to get in. However, someone quits every few days, so you just need to call in on the right day and they will ask you to come in for an interview. It is decided that you will get hired before you even get to the store.

Interview Question – "Tell us about yourself"   View Answer

East York, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in February 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call a day after I applied. They were a bit unorganized; the manager of the store didn't know the customer service manager was there, so he sent me away, luckily I went to the store next door and walked back through, so when he saw me again, he told me he was wrong and sent me to get interviewed. He pretty much told me that it was a place for people to get experience.

Interview Question – I don't really remember what he asked me, I just remember him asking if I had any experience with customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They don't let you negotiate the rate you get paid.

South Riding, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is no longer than 15 minutes, and asks questions such as "Why would you like to work at Food Lion?" and "What makes you qualified to work here?"

Interview Question – If a manager is wrong and you're 100 percent sure of it, do you let them know, or do what they asked?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Question – My start date?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Dalton, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was straight foward but scripted I love my head manager

Warrenton, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

Interview Details – For this position your interview is with the Customer Service Manager. There is only one interview

Interview Question – To me this was a very easy interview, no unexpected questions, just about how much customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!