Food Lion Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

1.6

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion.

There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

I applied online, as that is the only way to do so. They always keep the store at max staff, so it is very hard to get in. However, someone quits every few days, so you just need to call in on the right day and they will ask you to come in for an interview. It is decided that you will get hired before you even get to the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East York, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in February 2011.

I got a call a day after I applied. They were a bit unorganized; the manager of the store didn't know the customer service manager was there, so he sent me away, luckily I went to the store next door and walked back through, so when he saw me again, he told me he was wrong and sent me to get interviewed. He pretty much told me that it was a place for people to get experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really remember what he asked me, I just remember him asking if I had any experience with customer service   View Answer
    They don't let you negotiate the rate you get paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Riding, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Riding, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2012.

Interview is no longer than 15 minutes, and asks questions such as "Why would you like to work at Food Lion?" and "What makes you qualified to work here?"

Interview Questions
    • If a manager is wrong and you're 100 percent sure of it, do you let them know, or do what they asked?   Answer Question
    NO negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Food Lion.

Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion.

Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Questions
    really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion in June 2013.

It was straight foward but scripted I love my head manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

For this position your interview is with the Customer Service Manager. There is only one interview

Interview Questions
    • To me this was a very easy interview, no unexpected questions, just about how much customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!