Food Lion

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by the grocery department manager, and he wasn't too smart. The questions askked were completely irrelevant and he seemed to be unsure of what to ask next. Honesty, I mostly toyed with him, answering his questions open ended responses and wordy answers that said nothing. The interviewer then talked about how hard he makes people work and generally talked big game, which I simply played along with. He said he would call me back in a few days if interested in hiring me. I told him that would be fine and that I would consider his business if I wasn't hired elsewhere by the time he called me back (warning: being this arrogant is ill advised, I wasn't serious and was too busy having fun running laps around this clown intellectually). He called me back to offer the job that same evening, I declined. I don't know how this guy became management, but he was a terrible interviewer.

Interview Question – Do you have any issues with working on a team of mostly black people?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I could not seeing myself working under someone with such an intellectual deficit. The problem would not have been that he wasn't very smart, not everyone can be gifted, but that he thought he was a genius, hard working playboy.

Aiken, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was like most interviews in the grocery business. It's much easier to get into a grocery store if you know someone on the inside. I did which made the interview very casual.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was told my starting pay, and my start date.

Grocery Stocker

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Manager told me to come int he next day. He asked me a few easy questions like will I be able to show up on time, am I a good worker, do I have a pulse, etc. And was called a day later and was told I got the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Food Lion

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Food Lion Grocery Stocker interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Food Lion employees and interview candidates.