Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

1.9

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Wonderful! Everyone is so polite and kind that they make you feel as if you belong there. They make you laugh in the interview process and make you feel at ease and less nervous then your average interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Food Lion (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Computers screen applications, then the recruiter had to reach out, and interview you. Once this happened, I was to meet a panel of "leadership" personnel a few days later. I did. First off, they had to fumble through other apps to find mine. Then, they didn't even know I was downsized from previous employer. (Not fired, and undisclosed to recruiter. THEN, my employer was "employer A" before my most recent, and they said "oh, so you also worked at "employer B?"..... I said "no...... Employer A". No real interviewing at all. I've been an SM before, and my most recent position was a high profile position for well known company. I have over 11 years of leadership and Six Sigma training..... They offer me an entry level shift supervisor position?. That's not even a respectable offer , hats a PUNCH in the face and a kick out the store while laughing!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy. I met with the manager, he asked the basic "tell me about yourself," "what kind of qualities will you bring to this store?" etc. I was hired on the spot and started working that day.

Cashier/Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I submitted my application and within a few days I had been called in for an interview. The interview was short and to the point, asking all of the basics. Nothing too nerve wracking. They are usually pretty quick to call. After my interview I received an offer about four days later. It was a very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you solved a problem for an angry customer   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I had applied for this position back in November. Got a call back but didn't schedule. So happen at the end of January I got a call back from a store manager to schedule an interview. I set up the time. Interview lasted bout twenty min. Negioated my pay. Only thing I'm waiting in now is a call back from the store manager because she told me that she will most definitely call me back. Asked for my consent to do my background check and asked if I had two valid forms of nc id. My social security card and identification card

Interview Questions

• Did I have customer service skills   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Salisbury, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Various at different stores if you are looking to work on the store level. I have had the pleasure of doing 2 corporate interviews. I did not get any of these. They email you after you apply if you did not get through the first round. if you do make it through the first round an HR rep will call you and set up a time to do either a phone interview or face to face.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

interviewer acted like she could care less about talking to me, she asked questions and read a review to me from a script, but was fumbling around and not paying attention when I answered questions. didn't engage much in conversation and acted like she knew I was not going to get the job and didn't want to waste time talking to me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I got called in for an interview the day after I put in my application online. The interview was a few days after putting in my application. The interview lasted all of 10 minutes and then I was hired, I started working the following day.

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

i did not have an interview before being hired for this company or for any of my advancements to higher positions. i got hired on good faith and worked to show i was ready for other positions

PT Grocery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I was asked how dependable I was on a scale of one to five. I went over previous job experience, what I liked about them, what I disliked, and why I left. I was asked about my availability and if I was open to work weekends.