Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

It was simple you apply online then comes the interview with the manager and you know at the end if you got the job. Real simple process since I came on a employee referral.

Customer Service and Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager who was really nice at the time. The interview was fairly short, and then i was told that i was the top person so far and he would like me to come back that following Monday for a second interview. That Monday, i came back and sat down with the store manager and was told that there were two really good candidates (myself and another person) and that i would be a floating manager until they could find a good spot for me. I was told that i would receive an offer letter via email by the following day and if i didn't he would let me know over the phone. A few days had passed and i hadn't received an email so i called numerous days and could not reach him. Finally after a few days I spoke with the store manager. I was told the offer over the phone and that he (the store manager) would need to talk to the training manager to set up a start date to train. I called a few days later to see if i had a start date and the store manager had said he hadn't talked to the training manager but he will call them and then call me back in 30 minutes. 24 hours later i called the store manager and was told by him that there was an immediate position open at another store and that i would be going there. The manager also stated that he would get ahold of the other manager and have him give me a call. After not hearing back from the training manager for days, i decided to call the other store almost three days later to see if there was anything i can do on my part to get the process started. I was told by this store manager that i would have to go through yet another interview process. Mind you, i was already given an offer and i also turned down another company's offers which payed more and were also closer, just to work for this company who in the end jerked me around the whole time. Needless to say i will not be going to that interview because i would rather work for a company who wants me and where i do not need to be the one making all the calls to contact someone or to try to get more information on a position that THEY had offered ME.

Interview Questions

Because they kept jerking me around.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

The interview was really simple. Mostly questions about how I felt about customer service. I told my interviewer what they wanted to hear to about their very general and basic questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called the store a few days after applying to check on my status. The Customer Service Manager called me back the next day to schedule a 1:1 interview. She was really laid back and made me feel comfortable. I was offered the job on the spot.

Grocery Stock/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Food Lion (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, was hired on the spot. Even if you have no experience is the grocery business as long as your energetic, dress business professional, then you should be good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? pretty much the standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion (Waldorf, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

asked me about myself, talked about experience. i moved from FL to MD and we talked about FL and what food lion is and the goals of the company since we dont have these in FL. he was really friendly but didnt have any serious questions to ask and the interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. i interviewed with the front end manager

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Interview went well but seemed to be a waste of time when at the end the store manager states that since I'm already doing the same job in another store that there wouldn't be a raise involved.

Interview Questions

• most questions asked of me came from a standard list of questions. shows a lack of interview skills when using a standard list in my opinion   Answer Question

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

The process was simple. The manager asked me why I wanted to work for Food Lion and then asked me when I could work. We discussed pay and she described job duties.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy, just asked basic questions. Nothing intimidating. It didn't last long only about 20 minutes. It is really easy and a great job for someone working during school. The questions were not hard and did not take a lot of thought. They really just want to make sure you can be trained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to my interview early .went to the break room for the interview. She said the store manager was in a meeting and asked me to come back .he was done with call the hiring manager asked me will I like talk to him and I said yes . I was asked a few questions then he said I like to offer you the position and I looked it o start off a 8.00 hr