Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.9

DSD Receiver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2014.

Hired on the spot. I always shopped at my neighborhood Food Lion and asked if they were needing any help. Once I asked and they said yes and we had an informal interview and I was hired.

Cashier Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Food Lion.

They are straight forward at their interviews, however they mainly higher through recruiting companies. The interviewers are quite laid back and do not pressure you. You have to fill out some Multiple choice sheets and youțre done

Deli Bakery Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion in May 2012.

Interview was short, with not many questions asked. It was clear they do not do look deeply into their new hires. I was asked simple questions like "Why do you want to work here" told the dress code, and that was it.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion.

I had one communication as in a phone call by the Assistant Store Manager, for an interview. And went in to talk to the Grocery Dept. Manager he asked some questions but later called me, and forwarded my application/interview to the Front End Dept. Manager who hired me as a Sales Associate.

Like what kind of wage you would like, but I really said at least min. wage. As some company's make it as a trick question. So if you are sure when they give you an offer that you could probably get a better offer then, fell free to ask for more. But just be careful.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion.

There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Food Lion in June 2014.

I would call the entire process standard. I got a call from a resume I had posted 2 months ago but my interviewer said he had just started looking. After I got the call friday went in on monday for the interview, the interviewer used the companies standardized hiring guide book with typical interview questions. Took about an hour to talk he told me about the store and the position responsibilities. It was very laid back and nice no real pressure. After the interview he had to get the regional meat manager to sign off on me as well as the store manager I did not me either. The day after that we went to the meat department and did a cutting test once again very laid back and relaxed. After that I met with the store manager for a few minutes and was hired on the interviewers recommendation.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the terms of employment I didn't negotiate.

Dairy Frozen Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in April 2013.

Interview process was short. I had a previous 10 year relationship with this company. I knew what I was applying for and knew what was expected.

None

Cashier/Bagger Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion in March 2013.

Went to web site to apply for job, then went ito job fair also, then kept calling store mgr. about position, and going in person to express my interest in working there.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous job?   View Answer
    them stating what rate of pay I would start out at, considering I had experience.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanford, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in May 2010.

The interview process was very laid back and informal for an entry level position. Essentially, you meet with a lower level manager and they ask you a serious of questions to make sure you are capable to perform all of the job duties.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straightforward interview process.   Answer Question

Worked for Food Lion? Contribute to the Community!