Food Lion

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

I got called in for an interview the day after I put in my application online. The interview was a few days after putting in my application. The interview lasted all of 10 minutes and then I was hired, I started working the following day.

Meat Cutter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

i did not have an interview before being hired for this company or for any of my advancements to higher positions. i got hired on good faith and worked to show i was ready for other positions

PT Grocery Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Food Lion.

The interview was very easy. I was asked how dependable I was on a scale of one to five. I went over previous job experience, what I liked about them, what I disliked, and why I left. I was asked about my availability and if I was open to work weekends.

Front End Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

I had been applying online for a few weeks, at different stores, and for several different positions. I had just finished filling out an application online and received a phone call about coming in for an interview. I went in for the interview and was interviewed by the assistant store manager and the customer service manager. They both were very nice and easy to talk to. I did not feel nervous at all with them. I was asked about my education and past job experiences. I was also asked to explain any gaps in employment. The questions were very straight forward. I was asked to tell about myself and what I like to do in my spare time, where I see myself in 5 years, if I felt like I could make Food Lion a career, tell about a time when I went above and beyond to make the customer happy, tell about a time that I handled a difficult/irate customer. No interview question was out of the ordinary. I was told that I would train on the cash register for about 4 weeks and then be moved into the office (I've been there for a while now and I am still a cashier), I was also told that I would be guaranteed 30 hours a week (I've never worked anymore than 13 - 18 hours a week with about 15 being the average)

Interview Questions
    On my online application I put down that the minimum I would work for was $8.00. When I received the phone call offering me the job I was told that I was going to make $8.00, but when I went in to fill out my new hire forms I was given a base pay of $8.25.

Any Retail Position Interview

Application online. Food Lion holds positions open online for at least 10 days after posting. Interview is scheduled usually within a week or so after the initial 10 day online posting period. Additional interviews may be required if they are narrowing down the applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Varies from developmental and behavioral questions to religious questions (ex. - does your religious beliefs hinder you from working a particular day or time?)   Answer Question
    Expect little to no negotiation. Food Lion has a set pay scale for each position within each district (top pay is how it is usually referred to).

Cashier Interview

I kept calling and calling. Finally when called in for interview, the process went very smoothly. The supervisor was very friendly and asked all the appropriate questions. I ended up taking the job offer and giving my years of experience able to start off a little more than most employees that come on board.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Applied Online. Waited a week and called to follow up about my application. They called me in to be interviewed. The interview process was one on one and was very standard. After the interview they offered the job and I accept. It was a pain free process.

Cashier Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

DSD Receiver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in August 2014.

Hired on the spot. I always shopped at my neighborhood Food Lion and asked if they were needing any help. Once I asked and they said yes and we had an informal interview and I was hired.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

They are straight forward at their interviews, however they mainly higher through recruiting companies. The interviewers are quite laid back and do not pressure you. You have to fill out some Multiple choice sheets and youțre done