Food Lion

Updated Nov 20, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

I applied online, as that is the only way to do so. They always keep the store at max staff, so it is very hard to get in. However, someone quits every few days, so you just need to call in on the right day and they will ask you to come in for an interview. It is decided that you will get hired before you even get to the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food Lion.

Submit an application online, if you get called there's a meeting with Store manager and assistant manager

Interview Questions
    really none they said I can pay you this take it or leave it

Cashier/Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview process was fairly quick. I had submitted a resume and my interviewer already knew from it my work ethic.

Interview Questions
    The salary was better than I thought it would be. I didn't negotiate it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

One on one interview with customer service manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Very easy standard questions. Mainly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Cashier/Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Basically was hired at my interview, was just told what front end associates do, cleaning list, customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Was called maybe within a week or so of submitting application. After receiving telephone call, had face to face interview with store manager. Was offered job at the end of the interview. Was pretty standard - nothing really memorable sticks out - just your basic customer service type questions - with a few skill (math, cash register, etc.) questions mixed in.

Interview Questions
    Tried very hard to negotiate salary, but was coming from the office world and the store manager basically said I made more at my last job than he does as the store manager. Got a tiny wiggle room, but was still under a $1 more/hour than original offer.

Q & A Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion in September 2013.

I applied online, then about a few weeks later I got a call to come in two days later for an interview. The interview was very short and formal. Then I got a call back the following monday saying I got the position and would need to go in to do paperwork. I did the paperwork yesterday and go in tomorrow to finish it all up, and I start on monday.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurinburg, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion in September 2013.

The interview was normal. They just asked me regular questions about my life. 5 weeks later, They offered me the job. They called and told me to be there at 2pm, but when I arrived the personnel/front manager Michelle says "you were supposed to be here at 12pm". That's when I figured they were unorganized. She then had me enter my information through the computer to start my hiring process. She told me to be there the next morning. The next morning, the store manager Mike has no clue what to do with me, so he tells me to come back in 4 hours. I come back in 4 hours, and they tell me to link up with a guy in the back to get job experience. Later on, they finally decided to give me a clock-in code to get my hours. Go figure. However, it took me about 2 weeks to finally get someone to help me set up direct deposit because management is lazy here. Don't worry about a drug test, or background check. They don't check that stuff. This place will make you appreciate other companies.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurinburg, NC

AWFUL. Not professional. The second in command was more tactful than the chief manager at asking question, being probing. The chief manager stared at the floor, shaking his head and constantly told me why I was wrong and inappropriate. Incredibly harsh, critical and unmovable at minute, irrelevant details for a sales associate position. I was highly decorated, with credentials well beyond the qualifications. The problem here was clear: management's ego filled the store, making it impossible for other employees to operate.

Glad I was not hired to serve under such representation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked:
      1. What are your expectations?
      2. If you were hired, how long would you be willing to stay before you were to relocate?
        Answer Question