Food Lion

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is easy, the hiring manager is nice during the interview but he/she seems to play favorites in the end. I went in for an interview in Jan. it took them 3 weeks to get me on the schedule for training it seemed that they didn't have enough hours to go around. After finally being able to train which was suppose to be 20 hours of training, I only got about 5 hours all together. Other then that the hiring process is easy, all you have to do is fill out an online application and hope they call you in for an interview.

Interview Question – My start date?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was negotiated from $7.25 up to $7.75 per hour, I would have liked to have seen at least $8.00 per hour with my qualifications but that wasn't the offer.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Southern Pines, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Short only one interview with district manager

Interview Question – None easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made and offer and I took it. Good pay.

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Quality Assurance Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Submitted application online with an employee's reference and 2 other employees as references. Received a phone call a couple of days later. Went in for an interview the next day, and started that weekend.

Interview Question – What is your weakest quality?   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate
Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick and easy

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview Details – Came in asked questions and was hired next day

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview. I went to food lion and asked if they were hiring. They said yes, so I applied online and had my interview a week later.

Interview Question – What is your availability like?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Mooresville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Food Lion in September 2011.

Interview Details – very easy.

Negotiation Details – started off with $8.00 offer I asked for at least $8.75.

Produce Associate Interview

Produce Associate
Laurinburg, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Food Lion in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was normal. They just asked me regular questions about my life. 5 weeks later, They offered me the job. They called and told me to be there at 2pm, but when I arrived the personnel/front manager Michelle says "you were supposed to be here at 12pm". That's when I figured they were unorganized. She then had me enter my information through the computer to start my hiring process. She told me to be there the next morning. The next morning, the store manager Mike has no clue what to do with me, so he tells me to come back in 4 hours. I come back in 4 hours, and they tell me to link up with a guy in the back to get job experience. Later on, they finally decided to give me a clock-in code to get my hours. Go figure. However, it took me about 2 weeks to finally get someone to help me set up direct deposit because management is lazy here. Don't worry about a drug test, or background check. They don't check that stuff. This place will make you appreciate other companies.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Food Lion?   Answer Question

ACSSM Interview

ACSSM

I applied online - interviewed at Food Lion in July 2010.

Interview Details – Submit application online, hope for a call. Apply for as many positions as possible so that you show up on different searches. Remember your login information so that you can update your application when necessary. Update frequently to stay on recent searches of applicants. Interview process was 1:1 with CSSM when I started as a carryout 5 years ago.

Interview Question – Are you able to work weekends, nights and holidays?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Nags Head, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Food Lion in May 2010.

Interview Details – job was a quick company to get into

Interview Question – job was not good in winter less hours   View Answer