Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.9

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion (Statesville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty Basic. Not very difficult questions, if you have had experience doing interviews before you will be fine. I called the store to ask about a Front end position, I let them know I had already applied and have worked for food lion previously, and I am eligible for re-hire. Called me back same day asked if I could come the next day for an interview. I did and was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer, are you okay with selling and or declining the sell of tobacco/ alcohol sales. What are your strengths/weakness. What would make you a good employee. How you willing are you to handle schedule changes or come in on short notice when not scheduled. How long do you plan to stay at this job if hired.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Came in for interview after call, sat down in the customer service office and a woman brought me the employment forms, and asked when I could start. Must have been the easiest job I ever got.

DSD Receiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in August 2014.

Interview

Hired on the spot. I always shopped at my neighborhood Food Lion and asked if they were needing any help. Once I asked and they said yes and we had an informal interview and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a career here?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

They are straight forward at their interviews, however they mainly higher through recruiting companies. The interviewers are quite laid back and do not pressure you. You have to fill out some Multiple choice sheets and youțre done

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I had one communication as in a phone call by the Assistant Store Manager, for an interview. And went in to talk to the Grocery Dept. Manager he asked some questions but later called me, and forwarded my application/interview to the Front End Dept. Manager who hired me as a Sales Associate.

Negotiation

Like what kind of wage you would like, but I really said at least min. wage. As some company's make it as a trick question. So if you are sure when they give you an offer that you could probably get a better offer then, fell free to ask for more. But just be careful.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

There was only one interview. Even though this was for a cashier position they used those annoying "interview" discussions like, "Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for the future? (This is a CASHIER position, right?? My goal is to NOT be a cashier in the future!)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

1) Fill out online job application (including SS #, available hours, education, etc.) 2) Approximately one month after submitting the job application an HR representative contacted me by phone and set up an interview 3) Interview was held in employee break room with two store managers. They asked a total of six questions. 4) HR contacted me within a week and a half

Meat Cutter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in June 2014.

Interview

I would call the entire process standard. I got a call from a resume I had posted 2 months ago but my interviewer said he had just started looking. After I got the call friday went in on monday for the interview, the interviewer used the companies standardized hiring guide book with typical interview questions. Took about an hour to talk he told me about the store and the position responsibilities. It was very laid back and nice no real pressure. After the interview he had to get the regional meat manager to sign off on me as well as the store manager I did not me either. The day after that we went to the meat department and did a cutting test once again very laid back and relaxed. After that I met with the store manager for a few minutes and was hired on the interviewers recommendation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the terms of employment I didn't negotiate.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple interview, called me in the day of the interview. Apparently somebody left them without notice and hired me on the spot. Sat with two managers who threw random questions at me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What's do you consider to be a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Food Lion (Hopewell, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Went in and met with store manager. She loved me and my "individuality". Was told I would hear back within a week. Called numerous times and was told they still hadn't made a decision. Finally they called and offered me the position but I had already found another job by that point.