Food Lion Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

interview process was good. Good people, good company. They also have good benefits. Management seems competent. People are really nice at this company. They were also on time. Performance reviews are good.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer comes to you and asks a difficult question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion.

I submit an application online on a Sunday; received a call from them on Friday; had an interview Saturday (hired on the spot); did paperwork on Sunday; did computer based training on Monday and received my schedule; started my first shift on the register on Thursday. It all happened quite quickly. It was my first job so the interview was very quick and easy. It took about 10 minutes. The manager asked about my availability and if I had customer service experience and if I had cash handling experience. I have no experience, but he was very understanding and said that everyone has to start somewhere so he hired me. The worst part about the whole thing was doing the CBTs. It was just really boring and took over 3 hours. Learning the register was pretty easy too. It's a good job. Especially good for people who are in college and need to make some money.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion in January 2014.

i have applied online it took week or two to i get a call back for an interview.
    the process was simple after the interview asked me to come back for paperwork! :) :)
    Good luck to all be confident and excited for the job most important Practice Practice

Anonymous Employee in Laurinburg, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Laurinburg, NC

AWFUL. Not professional. The second in command was more tactful than the chief manager at asking question, being probing. The chief manager stared at the floor, shaking his head and constantly told me why I was wrong and inappropriate. Incredibly harsh, critical and unmovable at minute, irrelevant details for a sales associate position. I was highly decorated, with credentials well beyond the qualifications. The problem here was clear: management's ego filled the store, making it impossible for other employees to operate.

Glad I was not hired to serve under such representation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked:
      1. What are your expectations?
      2. If you were hired, how long would you be willing to stay before you were to relocate?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion in August 2013.

I had one interview. I went to food lion and asked if they were hiring. They said yes, so I applied online and had my interview a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in October 2012.

I was first interviewed at a job fair. They liked me, so the scheduled me for a second interview with the Manager of the Food Lion of my choice. The interview was very standard, it felt more like a conversation then an interview. It was one on one with the store manager. Questions asked were: Why do you want to work for Food Lion? Where do you see yourself in the next two years? Tell me about your last place of employment and why did you leave. How would you ensure that the customer has a great shopping experience? How would you deal with an upset customer?

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    I asked what the standard pay was, I asked for more and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Food Lion in September 2012.

detailed interview in store with one on one manager depending on what department you apply for receive phone call for computer based training if you get the job but if you don't they don't contact you in any way need to continue to check in with store daily

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Food Lion in April 2011.

I applied online and went to my location a week after I submitted my application. I spoke to the CSSM and we scheduled an interview. The questions weren't too difficult; she asked me why I wanted the job, if I shopped at Food Lion, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, really. Most of the questions were pretty easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Food Lion in March 2011.

They call you in for a general interview. There are the common questions asked (i.e "Is this your first job, if not where else have you worked?" "Why do you want to work here?" etc.)
    They'll either inform you of when your second interview is (a second interview generally guarantees a job) or tell you that they don't need you to come back.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately this depends on the manager hiring you and how interested they are at the moment. Sometimes they will really dig into you, and other times they don't really care.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation for pay unless you've worked before

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Food Lion in August 2010.

I applied online, and walked in to the store to follow up after about a week. I asked to speak to the department manager for the front end, and I introduced myself, and said I wanted to follow up on the application I put in. The manager said she intended to call me, but me showing up was just as good. I was able to get an interview. When I was at the interview, we went to the back breakroom to talk. My interviewer asked me stock questions, such as "Tell me about yourself" and "Describe to me your strengths. Describe your weaknesses." And then, "How proficient are you in math and computers?" She also asked me about my availability. I was given the job offer the same day, but I asked for 2 weeks before I started so I could give proper notice for my employer at the time.