Food & Water Watch Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Food & Water Watch

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Food & Water Watch (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter with some writing samples and then followed up a week later. Finally got in touch with the director who would be my supervisor and she sent an email asking when I could come in to to talk about the position and within a week I went into the office. I met with her and another employee I would end up working with and she asked on the spot if I was interested in the internship. I took it for college credit for a semester and it turned into a paid internship in the summer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about prior experience you have that would help you in this internship.   Answer Question

Advocacy Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Food & Water Watch (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

They bring you in for an initial interview with a few people, like the director who would be overseeing your work and the executive director. Then they may bring you in for another to meet more people. They did that with me. Wow them with your social justice work and on the ground advocacy experience. Let them know that you know what they do!

Negotiation

You can not negotiate much on salary, maybe a few grand? Salary is average. Vacation benefits are good though - 3 weeks to start.