Foot Locker Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Foot Locker in September 2014.

Applied online and followed up with a call the following day. Was told all applications go to HQ and if your application passes evaluation it will be forwarded to the store, which takes a minimum of two weeks. Two weeks later I received a call where a phone interview was done, and told I will receive a follow up call. 5 minutes later, they called to set up an interview for a few days later. When I showed up to the store, I was redirected to go to to Foot Action which is located in the malls food court. Turns out, it was a group interview with about 8 people. There were 3 managers for Foot Action & 2 for Foot Locker. Went around the table answering questions and I always made sure to answer first. Managers asked for us to hang around a few minutes while they spoke. Couple minutes later, a lady from Foot Action came over and started shaking hands with certain people that they had already disqualified and sent them on their way. A manager from Foot Locker came over and asked me to go to the side for a one-on-one interview where I talked with him and the other lady there from FL. Asked me some more in depth questions and was told to answer them as honest as I possibly could. I used experiences from my previous job to answer all questions. Was then told I will receive a call. About 30 minutes later, I was called to come by either that day or the next to sign a consent form for a background check and about 2 days later I received a call offering me the position! =)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake at work?
      What keeps you motivated?
      Why should we hire you?
      Name a time where you were dealing with a difficult customer, but managed to correct the problem and still make the sale?
      What is good customer service?
      Name a time where you noticed suspicious activity or were able to avoid a theft?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary plus commission.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Foot Locker in July 2014.

I applied online, got a call about a week later. went to the store and got an in person interview then got another in person interview a few days later- went back to the store. signed for the background check and things like that.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here? what is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Procurement Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Foot Locker.

Had my first interview, met with four people, took a very long time. Then they asked me to come back in for a second interview about a month later and I had to meet with four people again. Two of the four were the same people

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Foot Locker in July 2014.

I applied for footlocker online and waited about 2 weeks and received a call. They called me in for an interview that same week and said they'd get back to me. I waited about another 2 weeks and received another call to let me know I got the job. You really have to just go in there confident and be yourself. Me and the manger were just having a regular conversation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Foot Locker.

I was called to come in for an interview and the guy asked to try to sell a pen to him to know my selling skills. Basic questions. Great to learn.

Store Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Foot Locker.

The interview has changed since I moved up to a full time posistion. Now you have to do an application online along with an assesment. After the application is sent to the store the manager should review and do a phone interview. If the manager still wants to meet with the canidate they may set up an interview. Then if the interview goes well you may be asked to interview with another manager, DM, or even an ASM.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are almost always behavior based questions none should be difficult, just be honest.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Foot Locker in July 2010.

Will have to apply online first and if you have adequate experience you will interview with the District Manager. They will ask you about your work experience and what have you done to lead and coach a team in a successful store.

They base your pay on experience and the volume of store you would be running.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Foot Locker in July 2014.

Was a bit confusing at first as HR rep telephoned after my initial online application inquiring on my salary requirements and did not ask any further questions. Roughly 3 weeks later was contacted by the HR rep for telephone interview which led to face to face with HR rep along with hiring executive.

Interview Questions
    • None - was one of the best interview experiences I have had   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Foot Locker in August 2011.

To get a job depending on which you go to they may prefer someone with experience which means less training. You will have to go on two interviews one with an Assistant Manager and one with the Store Manager. They ask the basic questions like strengths, weaknesses, why should they hire you and what is customer service. They might also ask you to sell them a random product as a test.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no unexpected question. The only one that was different was for me to sell them a product, but it was pretty easy if you have a persuasive personality.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Foot Locker.

applied online 4 days got called in and offered position it was so simple if you get a call u got the job dont be scared or shy dress nice

Worked for Foot Locker? Contribute to the Community!