Foot Locker

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Foot Locker.

Called footlocker asked if they had any sales lead or manager positions available had to do paperwork and apparently I was already hired by footlocker with that use my Social Security number took weeks for HR to process my application and get me in the right system and also change my name

No negotiation

Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Foot Locker.

Applied online and walked in store for a interview. asked basic questions about why i wanted to work for the company and if i had any experience and knowledge with footwear and footwear products. For me it was a very quick process and everything went smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Foot Locker in December 2014.

Fairly easy. Only did one interview, the people there were friendly but seemed they were goofing off more than working. During interview they gave me forms to fill out they asked questions like what was the worst customer service I've experienced, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to an angry customer?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Foot Locker in November 2014.

Well, I applied online and within a week I received a call to schedule an interview. Three days later I had my interview. The manager seemed nice, but seemed as if she was in a hurry. She went over the interview questions very quickly and almost seemed a bit impatient. I answered the questions as best as I could and as thorough as possible. Honestly, I thought I did very well. However at the end of the interview I did not receive an offer. Instead, the manager told me that since she had other people to interview, she'd call me within two days. Unfortunately, I never received a call from them Not even to tell me that I did not receive the job. Overall it was not a great experience, and not well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where two people were giving you instructions? How did/would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Foot Locker in November 2014.

Easy interview they ask you pretty basic and simple questions. You dont have to come to the interview in a suit and tie its more of a casual laid back interview that takes place outside of the store in the brea mall.

Interview Questions
    • an unexpected question i got was they asked me to put myself in the sales position and asked me to show them how i would engage a customer and lead them to buying a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Part-Time) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Foot Locker.

I applied online and within a week i had got a call for an over the phone interview so i did the interview then they asked me on the phone if i can come in the following monday for a 1 on 1 interview . when monday came i went to do the 1 on 1 interview and in that very same day they asked to do a second interview and to come back in two hours . i came back did the second interview and they said they will call within 7 days to fill me in on if i got the job and placement. i waited 7 days then called the 8th day and they told me they did not need anyone to do part time anymore -__-

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had bad experience with a costumer?
      Why footlocker?
      Explain a project where you didn't get recognition for?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Foot Locker in September 2014.

Applied online and followed up with a call the following day. Was told all applications go to HQ and if your application passes evaluation it will be forwarded to the store, which takes a minimum of two weeks. Two weeks later I received a call where a phone interview was done, and told I will receive a follow up call. 5 minutes later, they called to set up an interview for a few days later. When I showed up to the store, I was redirected to go to to Foot Action which is located in the malls food court. Turns out, it was a group interview with about 8 people. There were 3 managers for Foot Action & 2 for Foot Locker. Went around the table answering questions and I always made sure to answer first. Managers asked for us to hang around a few minutes while they spoke. Couple minutes later, a lady from Foot Action came over and started shaking hands with certain people that they had already disqualified and sent them on their way. A manager from Foot Locker came over and asked me to go to the side for a one-on-one interview where I talked with him and the other lady there from FL. Asked me some more in depth questions and was told to answer them as honest as I possibly could. I used experiences from my previous job to answer all questions. Was then told I will receive a call. About 30 minutes later, I was called to come by either that day or the next to sign a consent form for a background check and about 2 days later I received a call offering me the position! =)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake at work?
      What keeps you motivated?
      Why should we hire you?
      Name a time where you were dealing with a difficult customer, but managed to correct the problem and still make the sale?
      What is good customer service?
      Name a time where you noticed suspicious activity or were able to avoid a theft?

View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary plus commission.

Procurement Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Foot Locker.

Had my first interview, met with four people, took a very long time. Then they asked me to come back in for a second interview about a month later and I had to meet with four people again. Two of the four were the same people

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Foot Locker.

I was called to come in for an interview and the guy asked to try to sell a pen to him to know my selling skills. Basic questions. Great to learn.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Foot Locker in August 2014.

Interviewed with Marketing, HR and 3 IT Managers/ Director. Friendly process, the interview questions from HR and one of the managers from IT were basic scripted HR type questions. Other 2 IT were high level about the job. Marketing part was performed on phone few days before onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions asked were too hard to answer. Questions were focused on the job at hand along with HR related questions i.e. How would you handle co-worker disputes, Long Term/ Short Term goals   Answer Question