Football Fanatics

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Photo Editor Interview

Photo Editor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Football Fanatics.

Interview Details – Very limited knowledge of job was given. Only basic expectations.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary was asked   Answer Question

Admin Interview

Interviewed at Football Fanatics

Interview Details – They interviewed by passing me to two different people in HR. I got the feeling that the first girl was simply there to only "weed people out". I did well in the first interview and then I was called back for a second interview- which in my opinion was unnecessary and a waste of gas.... as when I arrived I only sat down with the lady for literally 5-7 minutes. It was clear that she only wanted to see what I looked like. I'd have rather just met with all 3 interviewers on that initial day and saved myself the time and gas.

Interview Question – No "difficult" questions- just general things that one would expect to asked. Some behavioral/ past focused questions, and then more general ones on my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Business Analyst Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Football Fanatics in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very lengthy and many of the interviewers asked the same questions. Perhaps a panel would be more efficient in the future. Some of the interviewers seemed to ask situational questions that had no correct answer. It also took a long time to get a response on whether I would be hired or not.

Interview Question – They described a requested change to the website and pretended to be the business so that I could spec out the request.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Football Fanatics in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on career builder. I was emailed within a day and was asked to interview within a couple more days. I interviewed with the copy manager and team lead. I was hired two days later. They did not drug test and things were fairly informal.

Interview Question – I can't say there was anything extremely difficult or unexpected. Just be prepared to talk about your writing abilities and experience. They ask you to bring 2-3 writing samples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 11 per hour and countered with 12, and they accepted. I might have been able to get more, but it seems that some people get as low as 10 and maybe only just a little more than 12 or 13. Be careful though -- they initially paid me 11 even though they agreed on 12 and it took me a month to sort it out, though they did pay me retroactively.

Operations Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Football Fanatics in February 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR manager. Had a 60-min interview about my experiences. More on my experience than on the job itself.

Interview Question – What is one area of your personality that you have worked to improve?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Football Fanatics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Football Fanatics interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Football Fanatics employees and interview candidates.