Forbes

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forbes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Two round of interview. First with editor, second with department head. Goes about 30 minutes each. First round is easy. Got killed at second round. Be sure that the department head will ask a lot of tech questions and how many software can you use. I got killed primarily because I cannot use FactSet.

Interview Question – There is really no tough questions. The editor seems to be a very nice lady, but the department head think I lack of experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forbes.

Interview Details – Applied through University recruiting scheme. First round interview was astoundingly informal. Hiring process is not transparent whatsoever.

Interview Question – All very standard behavioral. Why Forbes/journalism/NYC? Past experience etc..   Answer Question

Online Marketing Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forbes.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in person interview two days later.

Interview Question – What do you think you can bring to the digital marketing team that others can't?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forbes in October 2012.

Interview Details – Overall, the process went quickly. It was through an employee referral and lasted about two weeks. The interviewer didn't really seem interested in anything I had to say, almost like the candidate had already been decided but she was interviewing me out of pity. Not a bad process, just about average.

Interview Question – "Give me an example of a current headline in the news related to Finance that you would consider to be important"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Forbes

Interview Details – My interview process was great but the hiring manager is now in another department.

Negotiation Details – Fair

Intern Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Forbes in April 2011.

Interview Details – Unless you are a brilliant journalism major you must know someone to get a foot in the door.
The interview process is pretty painless. It is just a phone interview and an in person interview. They ask mostly behavior questions i.e.- tell me about a time when you had to work in a team, what role did you take and how did you complete the task you were set.

Interview Question – None seemed unexpected   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forbes.

Interview Details – multiple in-person interviews

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated harder as raises are unheard of

Contributor Interview

Interviewed at Forbes

Interview Details – not too hard, just see what makes you interested in your subject and what you've written and why

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

National Sales Representative Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forbes in January 2009.

Interview Details – interview with NY manager and then National Sales manager and President

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quick negotiation. made an offer, guarantee of first year base and bonus

Associate Reporter Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Forbes in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple phone interivew and email correspondence

Interview Question – What's a billionaire you're specifically interested in reporting on?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Forbes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forbes interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forbes employees and interview candidates.