Force10

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Force10 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very knowledgeable CTO and Engineers. There were quite a few managers that asked a lot of technical questions. Staff was very focused on protocol development. Probably the need I guess.

Interview Question – Can you implement this "complex prootocol" all by yourself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was too early and the number of ASICs to be built through me off

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Force10 in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was tough

Interview Question – What do you think of Force 10.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another offer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Force10 in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews in total. The first was a phone interview with the hiring manager; this was 15-20 minutes and was designed to make sure I was a match for the position. Then an on-site interview set with 3 different potential peers. Then a second on-site interview with the hiring manager and one of his peers.

The second interview set was very odd, as at least two of the three focused on areas completely outside of my expertise and the job I was interviewing for. They seemed mostly interested in demonstrating their own expertise in those areas. The third interview showed that the hiring manager was concerned about my skills, based on the reviews from the second set.

Interview Questions

• You are building a 48 port ethernet switch from the ground up. What are the components and interactions?   Answer Question
  • What issues in large datacenter environments will arise when you have many virtual machines per physical port?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hiring manager didn't seem to be that certain, and I was concerned that without his support that I wouldn't be able to do well.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Force10 in February 2010.

Interview Details – After finally getting the recruiter, to get me into Force10, I spent 2 days of one on one interviews with the team I would be working with. From the hiring manager to the VP of operations. It was a basic review with a few what if's from interviewer. I was told by one manager that he saw me as a great fit and I should have no worries. Afterwards, it took several weeks to find out the status of my interview. I actually needed to use a phone that was not associated with myself to get to the hiring manager. When ask where we were and if they needed more time with me or if there was other data I could provide them, I was told that the Job had already been filled and sorry that it took so long to get back to me. Not Professional At All

Interview Questions

Network Dev Staff Engineer Interview

Network Dev Staff Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Force10 in June 2012.

Interview Details – telephonice and one on one

Interview Question – nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Network Dev Staff Engineer Interview

Network Dev Staff Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Force10 in May 2013.

Interview Details – its' long interview process. As my current location is bangalore, technical panel team arrive in bangalore and conducted interviews, and next week i have been called for chennai for another rounds of discussion, post that HR discussion over phone. And took almost a week to release offer.

Interviews are more detailed in technical respected to C,linux,networking

Interview Question – detailed in networking, linux OS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i am able to negotiate to some extent, also paid with relocation/joining bonus

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Force10 in September 2010.

Interview Details – Plus:
Really talented engineer to work with. Very friendly ambience.

Minus:
Normally wont get rewarded in appraisal for what you have done with dedication,hard work, its purely based on politics and also with your studies background.
Management is extremely poor with no transparency too.
Complexity of technical interview not even matched with single percent of the position they are recruiting for.
After acquisition, lot of strategic moves in terms of cost cutting, etc

Interview Question – Explain the packet content in networking protocols   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As this been covered up by dell now, raise your bars to high

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Force10? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Force10 interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Force10 employees and interview candidates.