Force10 Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Force10 in November 2010.

Very knowledgeable CTO and Engineers. There were quite a few managers that asked a lot of technical questions. Staff was very focused on protocol development. Probably the need I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Can you implement this "complex prootocol" all by yourself   Answer Question

It was too early and the number of ASICs to be built through me off

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Force10 in June 2010.

It was tough

Another offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Force10 in February 2011.

There were 3 interviews in total. The first was a phone interview with the hiring manager; this was 15-20 minutes and was designed to make sure I was a match for the position. Then an on-site interview set with 3 different potential peers. Then a second on-site interview with the hiring manager and one of his peers.

The second interview set was very odd, as at least two of the three focused on areas completely outside of my expertise and the job I was interviewing for. They seemed mostly interested in demonstrating their own expertise in those areas. The third interview showed that the hiring manager was concerned about my skills, based on the reviews from the second set.

Interview Questions
    • You are building a 48 port ethernet switch from the ground up. What are the components and interactions?   Answer Question
    • What issues in large datacenter environments will arise when you have many virtual machines per physical port?   Answer Question

The hiring manager didn't seem to be that certain, and I was concerned that without his support that I wouldn't be able to do well.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Force10 in February 2010.

After finally getting the recruiter, to get me into Force10, I spent 2 days of one on one interviews with the team I would be working with. From the hiring manager to the VP of operations. It was a basic review with a few what if's from interviewer. I was told by one manager that he saw me as a great fit and I should have no worries. Afterwards, it took several weeks to find out the status of my interview. I actually needed to use a phone that was not associated with myself to get to the hiring manager. When ask where we were and if they needed more time with me or if there was other data I could provide them, I was told that the Job had already been filled and sorry that it took so long to get back to me. Not Professional At All

Interview Questions

Worked for Force10? Contribute to the Community!