Force10 Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Force10 (Milpitas, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in total. The first was a phone interview with the hiring manager; this was 15-20 minutes and was designed to make sure I was a match for the position. Then an on-site interview set with 3 different potential peers. Then a second on-site interview with the hiring manager and one of his peers.

The second interview set was very odd, as at least two of the three focused on areas completely outside of my expertise and the job I was interviewing for. They seemed mostly interested in demonstrating their own expertise in those areas. The third interview showed that the hiring manager was concerned about my skills, based on the reviews from the second set.

Interview Questions

• You are building a 48 port ethernet switch from the ground up. What are the components and interactions?   Answer Question
    • What issues in large datacenter environments will arise when you have many virtual machines per physical port?   Answer Question

The hiring manager didn't seem to be that certain, and I was concerned that without his support that I wouldn't be able to do well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Force10 (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very knowledgeable CTO and Engineers. There were quite a few managers that asked a lot of technical questions. Staff was very focused on protocol development. Probably the need I guess.

Interview Questions

• Can you implement this "complex prootocol" all by yourself   Answer Question

It was too early and the number of ASICs to be built through me off

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Force10 (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was tough

Another offer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Force10 (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

After finally getting the recruiter, to get me into Force10, I spent 2 days of one on one interviews with the team I would be working with. From the hiring manager to the VP of operations. It was a basic review with a few what if's from interviewer. I was told by one manager that he saw me as a great fit and I should have no worries. Afterwards, it took several weeks to find out the status of my interview. I actually needed to use a phone that was not associated with myself to get to the hiring manager. When ask where we were and if they needed more time with me or if there was other data I could provide them, I was told that the Job had already been filled and sorry that it took so long to get back to me. Not Professional At All

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Force10?   1 Answer
    • How do I know as much as my Resume states?   1 Answer