Ford Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Ford Foundation in April 2012.

Initial interview with human resources, then called back to interview with the hiring manager and a staff member. Then I was called back a third time to interview with the CFO and General Counsel.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, pretty straight forward, the typical questions about the position and my background.   Answer Question
    The compensation was very good so I accepted first offer.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Foundation in October 2011.

Three interviews and a skills test

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relatively easy and straightforward   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Foundation in May 2010.

The first round was a basic 1:1 interview followed by a skills test on a computer testing basic Microsoft software. The second round was with individuals from the specific department you applied to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were presented a challenge and how did you face it.   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Foundation in February 2010.

It was a very good experience, thorough and professional, they require several rounds of vetting before an offer is extended. I was able to learn a lot through my questions about the culture of the foundation. I had a tour of the building which is quite lovely.

Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Foundation in May 2012.

I was referred by an ex colleague, the HR manager rang & emailed. The first interview took place with the HR manager and 2 top level team members. They wanted to set up an in house communications team. This lasted an hour. I was then asked to come back for another interview, with 2 other expat staff members, lasted another hour.

Worked for Ford Foundation? Contribute to the Community!