Ford Motor Buyer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in July 2014.

I applied for the position online and heard from a recruiter a week and a half later. Let it be known that they outsource their recruiting to Argentina, even for their local corporate positions. I live a few miles away from corporate headquarters in Michigan, so I figured that perhaps someone in the local area would call. After a positive phone screen, she guaranteed that I would hear within two weeks and would know if I was moving forward. She was very detailed about the next step, so I figured that she assumed I was good enough to be moved forward. Two weeks later, I try to call her for an update. Even though she gave me a US number, it would not connect. I sent her an email with follow-up, no response. I finally, after a few days of trying to connect, am able to get a call through to her. I don't think she has any actual relationship with the hiring manager, because she had to go through the applicant tracking system to see if he replied to her about me. Well, in the span of time it took for this to all happen, I got another call from a different company, was brought into for an interview, and was extended a competitive offer and accepted. I think it's a good indication that Ford is tied down with processes and may not be the best place to work if you want to get anything done quickly.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2014.

Phone screen, invited for 1:1 Interview

Interview Questions

Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor.

First round interviews were super relaxed with questions centering around fit, ethics, and what you would do in a situation. The Superday involves a team activity to see if you play nice, and an individual interview to test your situational skills and further test your fit.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a supplier proved that they consistently did not meet your required level of service?   Answer Question

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!