Ford Motor Company

Updated Dec 10, 2014

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

I was first contacted via email from the supervisor seeking the position. Then he contacted me for a phone call. Then screening through HR where I was asked basic questions. Then they set an interview date and started to make travel arrangements for an onsite panel interview (3 interviewers).

Interview Questions
    • Format of the questions required responses to all questions to be based off of experiences directly. They want a specific response technique for answering most questions. CAR - Circumstances, Actions (taken by individual) and Results (positive)

Two types of questions (10 overall)- Technical & Situation

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2014.

Went to a company info session on my College campus and applied for the Ford College Graduate program (FCG). Got an on-campus interview a few days later. Heard back a few weeks later they would fly me out to Michigan for an on-site interview. They paid for flight, hotel, and ground transport.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

It was face-to-face interview. There were 4 members in the interview panel - resource manager, 2 technical leads and project manager. They told me about the kind of work their team does before they started with an actual interview questions with me.
    I went for Java Technical Lead. They focused on my resume and were asking on what all kind of work I have done in my past projects.
    Over all, it was a nice experience and I got an offer from them the very next day.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

The hiring process was broken up into three separate parts: Initial interview with recruiter, phone interview, and on-site interview. The initial interview mainly goes over the job description, backing up your resume, etc. This is where they schedule the phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of five questions with multiple parts -- overall, the phone call was about 45 minutes. You are asked to look over a partial balance sheet, as well, to prepare.

The on-site interview is an all day event. I got to their talent recruitment center at 7am, and left at 3pm. You're sitting with a group of about 30 people and they have a quick presentation before your interview. The on-site interview includes two parts -- One-Ford Behavioral questions and a skills assessment role play. You're offered to go on their bus tour afterwards, which most candidates did.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are tough. They require a lot of preparation and thought. Make sure you prepare ahead of time -- and answer the questions COMPLETELY. The role-play is also difficult -- you have a half hour to prepare for a 20 minute "talk" with a dealer, and they come in early-- don't be caught off guard and think on your toes. Know where to focus your attention and you should be fine.   Answer Question

FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

I applied through our school website and was scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed by three of their recruiting team, which was all behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for ford motors.
    I was later called for an interview at Detroit where I met with three of their managers, the interview took about 2 hours and it was a detailed Technical and behavioral questions like; What kind of project have you done using database, how did you do it, what did you use, what role did you play, what was the challenges, what was the result.

Interview Questions
    • If you designed a software and the next day you got alot of emails and phone calls, stating that the software is not working and to you its working, what will be your first responds and will you handle the situation?
      If you Bring a suggestion in a team and they ignore it how will you handle that situation?

Not Negotiable

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Contacted initially by recruiter for Formula SAE Competition. Applied online (for 2014 school year opening) and had phone interview with two engineering managers. That was 3 questions in 30 minutes, combination of ethics/situational and technical. Was contacted 3 months later by email to apply for 2015 openings, and applied again online. Was contacted about two weeks later for in person interview ~3 weeks later. In person interview included 90 minutes with 3 managers, then had 2 hour bus tour of Dearborn area. Was contacted 4 business days later with offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • During phone interview: You are part of a team that got an incentive for finishing a project early/under budget, but you know a corner could have been cut. What are your next steps.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was very good.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in April 2014.

Typical situation based interview. Employees seemed genuinely excited about the direction Ford was heading as a company. They expressed confidence in Ford's business model. After about 2 hours of questioning was complete. It was really good experience. They roll out the red carpet for travel, lodging,and food.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was on par with most situation based interviews. No technical questions were asked. Your resume should speak to your technical experience. Just to be prepared to be surround with about 8 to 9 more candidates who are just as nervous as you are, but once the conversation starts your nerves will settle.   Answer Question

Work seemed exciting, however I am from south east New Orleans and I was not excited about leaving home

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview process is long 1-1.5 hours. 12 behaviorial/technical questions about past experiences and leadership (tell us the time when, etc). The process was very formal. Managers were friendly/professional.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected if you prepared for the interview. The most difficult part was remembering what your prepared answers wer for those questions - it's harder to think when you're nervous and under pressure to do well :)   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2014.

I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
    I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
      And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2014.

Panel Interview based on Ford One goals, behavioral and situational

Interview Questions
    • Lengthy question about how you'd deal with a specific situation using past experiences as references   Answer Question
    State Expectations and current pay. Then another opportunity to submit it on Internet. Then one week offer period where you accept or call to negotiate. I took original offer, above my stated expected salary.