Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated Jun 15, 2015

Financial Budet Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I interview with my direct supervisor and her boss over the phone. I never had a chance to meet my boss and her supervisor prior to starting the position or before the offer was made.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was set up for an interview at the Ford Talent Center in Michigan. They interview in groups (different candidates for different jobs; think job fair). Went in back room and interviewed with three managers for two hours. Rigorous multi-faceted situation and informational questions both on the technical and PM side.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle risk in your projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but the offer was a little above fair market value and I didn't want to delay the on-boarding process with negotiations.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 Managers which whom i will work with and for. Very straight foward, very honest! No complaints. Ford definately takes the time to ensure those who condiuct intervies are trained. Got an email offer of employment followed by phone confirmation. My only issue i had was the interview started 45 mins late due to them finding qualified interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to accomplish a goal without all the resources needed to accomplish the job.   Answer Question

Java Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a consultancy and it is a in person interview.
    Interview was for 1 hr with less complex questions from core java and J2ee, Basically the role is for support and not development

Interview Questions

• 1. What is Garbage Collection?
      2. What are Threads?
      3. What is the main Method used in Threads?
      4. What is exception handling and its types?
      5.What is out of memory? eg....
      6. Database Queries
      7.Webservices-Restful

Answer Question

Control Engineer GSR 7 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Get the interview opportunity with a recruiter. Great talk with the manager, Get to know the team's responsibility for the whole company. They have more than one round interview. Have a technical test for the second round. good experience

I T Security Controls Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Ford talent team in allen park is excellent. Been on many interviews including other domestic auto companies and i have never been treated as well as i was at fird. The outlook is much more positive and they make you feel welcomed and that you will becoming part of theteam. If course there is no guarantee of this but it eases your nerves and makes you feel more confident going into the interview. Other places i have interviewed do not make you feel as welcomed and frequently make me feel that i am taking up their time and/or is a confrontational interview in which i am made to feel that i don't belong here and i am not going to get this job but i am somebody they have to interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational based questioning and some technical expertise questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied to posting from Monster,com, brief phone interview, then flight, hotel, & transportation covered for in-person interview in Dearborn. The position I applied to was way out of my league, and I was quite surprised that they even called, but maybe they get a commission for the number of people they bring in to interview? I answered a few basic programming questions over the phone and a couple weeks later they asked me to schedule a time to come to Dearborn. Free flight, free limousine service to the Dearborn Inn (which is a sight to see), $25 dinner voucher, then shuttle transportation to the interview center.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was ridiculous; just a secretary recording your answers to basic object-oriented programming questions. In-person interview was me in front of 3 manager-types with 5 situational questions and 5 technical questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I was first contacted via email from the supervisor seeking the position. Then he contacted me for a phone call. Then screening through HR where I was asked basic questions. Then they set an interview date and started to make travel arrangements for an onsite panel interview (3 interviewers).

Interview Questions

• Format of the questions required responses to all questions to be based off of experiences directly. They want a specific response technique for answering most questions. CAR - Circumstances, Actions (taken by individual) and Results (positive)

Two types of questions (10 overall)- Technical & Situation

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at an on campus career fair, talked to them and was signed up for an on campus interview later that week. Received a second round interview for which I traveled to Dearborn, MI. Morning of the interview gathered with other candidates for breakfast. Ford showed us a video of pro-Michigan propaganda and another of pro-Ford propaganda. Not very informational, just all the reasons why Michigan/Ford is the best place on the planet. Toured Ford facilities in Dearborn, Henry Ford's name was only mentioned oh, two or three hundred times on said tour. Interviewed in the afternoon with two sets of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What was an important decision you made in your life that many around you disagreed with at the time, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with personal issues that arose between teammates when working on a project. What did you do at the time and what would you do differently now?   Answer Question

My wife did not want to move to MI.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I started by applying when Ford came to my university and had an info session. I had a 1 on 1 on campus interview with a higher up manager which lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call the next day from the same interviewer asking me to come to Ford's Talent Center for a second interview. The second interview began was a 3 on 1 panel interview which were mostly technical questions and not so much scenario based. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and was followed by an optional bus tour that I chose to go on. There was also a brief info session before the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to apply your technical skills to tackle an engineering problem in your past job.   Answer Question