Ford Motor Company Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Just a few technical and behavioural questions.Concentrated on my previous work experience and course projects.They wanted to see if I can perform the job duties well.I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage if there is some problem in a team setting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Engineer Interview

Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2009.

Interview

two interviews on campus and then a series of interviews at Ford.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Ford   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

Knew someone in engineering. Applied. Got a call from HR. Spoke to a nice lady, general fit questions. Set up an interview with the group. Started with a group interview (the engineers in the group I would be working with) which was a bit on the technical side, the manager was there too. Finally had a 1 on 1 with the manager. I thought it went well, but didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2007.

Interview

Initial phone screening. Behavioral onsite interview with various managers. 'What If' questions about ethics, leadership. Group panel discussion about case response. Individual case response. Found out results in the same day. Debrief subsequent day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were managing a production line, and one of the workers violated a safety code?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Process Flow :

1. Skill and Iq Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Human Resources Interview (2 Persons)
    4. Technical Interview (3 Persons)
    5. Final Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Gave a Situation of a Fire Burning in company.
      3 Options :
      a) Run out of the company
      b) Save other People
      c ) Call fire Service

20 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2010.

Interview

The final assessment centre has four rounds namely one on one interview, group exercise, role play exercise and writing exercise. The group exercise consisted discussing an issue the company had and coming to a decision. The writing exercise was an in tray exercise where the candidate was asked to assess a problem, analyse the available solution options and narrow down to one solution. The interview had 11 questions, few technical and few general. The role play exercise was to simulate a meeting with a colleague who can be a subordinate or superior on an issue.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have developed yourself over the years   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in June 2008.

Good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple