Ford Motor Company Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Process took more than 3 months. Was contacted by a recruiter by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn. The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective departments. They said decisions would be within 2 weeks, but didn't hear from them until 4 weeks later. Thought the interview went well, but I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• All STAR type questions. 1. Describe a time a client was being difficult and how you handled it. 2. Describe a time you faced a barrier in your team environment and how you handled it. 3. Describe a time you troubleshooted something. 4. Describe a time you improved a process. 5. Describe a time you came up with something innovative. 6. Describe a time you took a risk and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The interview requested my works including writings and source codes before. 1st Phone Screening: After a day, he called me with starting the conversation of local restaurant. It was a phone interview. He looked and asked several questions regarding my works and resume. He asked several signal processing questions, but I screwed up. He recommended a book. He was going to decide whether to hire after a week with discussing colleagues. It took several weeks to do next step. 2nd On-Site Interview: I was invited to one of the research units of the Ford Motor Company. I met the supervisor and two staffs of the research team. They extensively asked the questions regarding how I solved the problem and how I interact with team members during my previous projects on the resume. I think the staffs made questions before the interview. The supervisor has my works submitted before, and he let me explain the things. After that I get the notification shortly that we can proceed to next step with hiring agency. They also took me for a month to give the final offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Just a few technical and behavioural questions.Concentrated on my previous work experience and course projects.They wanted to see if I can perform the job duties well.I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage if there is some problem in a team setting?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2009.

Interview

two interviews on campus and then a series of interviews at Ford.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Ford   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

Knew someone in engineering. Applied. Got a call from HR. Spoke to a nice lady, general fit questions. Set up an interview with the group. Started with a group interview (the engineers in the group I would be working with) which was a bit on the technical side, the manager was there too. Finally had a 1 on 1 with the manager. I thought it went well, but didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2007.

Interview

Initial phone screening. Behavioral onsite interview with various managers. 'What If' questions about ethics, leadership. Group panel discussion about case response. Individual case response. Found out results in the same day. Debrief subsequent day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were managing a production line, and one of the workers violated a safety code?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Process Flow : 1. Skill and Iq Test 2. Group Discussion 3. Human Resources Interview (2 Persons) 4. Technical Interview (3 Persons) 5. Final Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Gave a Situation of a Fire Burning in company. 3 Options : a) Run out of the company b) Save other People c ) Call fire Service   20 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2010.

Interview

The final assessment centre has four rounds namely one on one interview, group exercise, role play exercise and writing exercise. The group exercise consisted discussing an issue the company had and coming to a decision. The writing exercise was an in tray exercise where the candidate was asked to assess a problem, analyse the available solution options and narrow down to one solution. The interview had 11 questions, few technical and few general. The role play exercise was to simulate a meeting with a colleague who can be a subordinate or superior on an issue.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have developed yourself over the years   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in June 2008.

Good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple