Ford Motor Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center. There was a case study sent out before the interview - I completed it, discussed it during the interview, and answered several behavioral questions. They told me they would get back to me in a few weeks. After a month, I contacted the recruiter and she told me I would hear about advancing within two more weeks. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

I started with a campus interview and then I was invited to the Talent Management Conference in Dearborn. The questions were related to the finance case distributed to me prior to the first interview, integrity, work in a team environment and why I want to work for them. Everyone was very easy to communicate to and made me very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had a problem with a team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Screening interview with a Finance supevisor and then initial interview with a supervisor & Director (2:1) to present a finance case on capital budgeting. The interviewers also asked several behavioral questions. I was later invited to Ford management Talent Conference, which was all paid for including food and hotel. In the conference, I went through a one hour behavioral interview (2:1), then a group interview, lunch and learn session and finally technical interview. In the group interview, 5-6 finance candidates presented a case and worked together to come up with one recommendation. In the technical interview, I had to present another case which was a further twist from the last case.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if manager of a division has consistently been running over budget.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

This position was for the MBA summer financial analyst. A week before the interview i was given a capital budgeting case. I was to present my recommendations and assumptions to two finance managers who came to campus. They also asked a few behavioral questions. I spent considerable time preparing the case and they really liked my assumptions and recommendations. I was not invited to the second round but in the next round they brought together the four interviewees who made it to discuss the case in further detail given new information on the case to see how they interacted with others in real life setting, I believe I would of done better in this setting. I asked for feedback on why I did not make it to the next round. I was told that I did not give enough eye contact in the interview while presenting and not enough energy, what they call management presence. So in hindsight I would of been better off spending less time on my analysis on more time practising my presentation, because that was they wanted someone who could effectively communicate their point of view. They told me they would like to interview me next year for the full time position.

Interview Questions

• What assumptions did you make in the finance case?   1 Answer
    • What would you in a certain situation?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Coimbatore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

5 rounds
    Round 1- aptitude
    2- case study
    3- case discussion
    4- technical interview
    5- Behavioural

Interview Questions

• Case is on investment decision which you might have to use excel and word. Used sensitivity analysis   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2009.

Interview

One-on-one fit interview with 3 different people. It was mostly behavioral, with questions that focused on "tell me about a time when you...". One-on-one interviews followed by a group case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2009.

Interview

I was recruited on campus through the finance internship program .

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral. Nothing unexpected . Example: Tell me about a time when you showed leadership .   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but I was told campus recruit offers are standard and would not be negotiated .