Ford Motor Company Ford College Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.2

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied online, and they called me back 4 days later, after a phone interview with 3 behavioral questions, they took me to dearborn where I had an interview with 9 questions, mostly behavioral and situation questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is your best technical skill and how would you apply it in Ford   Answer Question
No negotiation, FCG is fixed

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Contacted initially by recruiter for Formula SAE Competition. Applied online (for 2014 school year opening) and had phone interview with two engineering managers. That was 3 questions in 30 minutes, combination of ethics/situational and technical. Was contacted 3 months later by email to apply for 2015 openings, and applied again online. Was contacted about two weeks later for in person interview ~3 weeks later. In person interview included 90 minutes with 3 managers, then had 2 hour bus tour of Dearborn area. Was contacted 4 business days later with offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • During phone interview: You are part of a team that got an incentive for finishing a project early/under budget, but you know a corner could have been cut. What are your next steps.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

The interview process is lengthy, and consists of a phone interview, initial face-to-face interview with 3-4 team members, and finally, a Talent Management Conference (TMC). If you're invited to the TMC, you can be sure you've made the first cut.

The TMC starts around 8AM and can last until Noon or later depending on the schedule they design for you. It consists of several parts including a brief overview of the company, a behavioral interview, technical interview, luncheon, and group case analysis. None of the process is all that difficult (if you "know your stuff"), it's just slow and repetitive.

After you complete the TMC, you will receive an offer decision within a week.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, no particular question was difficult. They were mostly behavioral (i.e. what would you do in X situation), or (How would you respond IF Y happens suddenly?)   Answer Question
    No negotiation -- everything in FCG is fixed, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2012.

Went to a recruiting event on campus and had an on-campus interview. Following that they sent me a case study I had to do which seemed weird since my background was design/engineering related and has nothing to do with business but it was very easy and subjectively used during a group interview that was onsite. They fly you out to Dearborn and had an interview with two current engineers and then the group interview. Only a few days later after the flight do you hear back with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • My case study was: the company is doing well after years of problems and they finally have money again. How should they spend it? Advertising, community initiatives, create off-site working capabilities for people to work at home, or buy other companies? None of these are wrong but you have to pick one and then as a group come to a conclusion on which to choose.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable for salary but their benefits and relocation packages are very good.