Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ford Motor Company
- Product Development Engineer (14)
- Manufacturing Engineer (13)
- Intern (11)
- Finance Intern (8)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Software Engineer (7)
- Zone Manager (7)
- IT Intern (5)
- Research Engineer (5)
- Ford College Graduate (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Product Development (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- Finance (4)
- Information Technology (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Buyer (3)
- Human Resources (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- FCG (3)
- Product Engineer (3)
- Product Manager (2)
- Process Engineer (2)
- Production Supervisor (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Sales Associate (2)
- Industrial Engineer (2)
IT Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2013.
I submitted my resume online on the Ford careers website and I was contacted shortly after to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was extended an offer a few days later although I heard it is also common for a follow up interview that is in person.
- You have an important deadline, but your group members are taking certain shortcuts on quality to make sure that you meet this deadline. What actions would you take? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company
IT Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2012.
I applied through the on campus website and was set up for an on site interview. Interview consisted of a series of behavioral questions. Interviewed by two recruiters, both were polite and made the process smooth.
- Typical behavioral questions, why do you want to work here?, describe a situation you had to innovate and the steps you took, etc. Answer Question
IT Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2012.
Overall the process was fairly painless. After applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, which was with 3 people, a few weeks passed and I received an offer. The part of the process that takes the longest and is most grueling is the onboarding process. Getting the information about your position and start take a long time but it is very rewarding when you get to see all of your options.
- Most of the questions were behavioral. They were all pretty much "name a time" or "what would you do if" style questions. The one question that stuck out the most and is always challenging for people is "why [insert company name]." Answer Question
Did not negotiate.
IT Intern InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.
I signed up for an on-campus interview through my school's career center. I talked with them for about half an hour in what was a pretty relaxed interview. At the end of the interview, they offered me the internship.
- Give an example of when you had to work with a difficult person / person you didn't necessarily agree with. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I had lived in the area my entire life and I wanted to try working somewhere different.
IT Intern InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.
Applied for an interview through my university's career fair. I heard back that I was accepted, and was told to fill out some online forms.
The interview was conducted with two interviewers, one asked the questions, another recorded what was going on. Questions were mostly behaviorial questions.
- What is one project you were the most proud of and why? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Had a better offer at a different company
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review