Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2009.

The first part of the interview was with a guy from HR that explained a bit on the company, then I was taken to the office of my future supervisor for the interview. The interview was conducted by the supervisor AND his manager and was technically very challenging - as I expected it would be considering the area where I applied. The interview was conducted in a very professional way and not only limited to technical questions but also concentrated on language and cultural knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • A specific question on how to attach the connecting link of an anti-roll bar to a suspension strut in order to provoke/not provoke torque steer in a front suspension.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation. The job definition was defined by a fixed salary.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in April 2011.

Had one interview with dum managers asking dum questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was: tell us what you like most   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in May 2014.

The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer
    The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.

Manufacturing FCG Interview

Traveled to Dearborn and stayed overnight at the beautiful Dearborn Inn. The interview began at 11 am the following morning. It lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of about eight questions, each with at least five follow-up questions. The interview was fairly intense, and if there was any discrepancy in your answer, the interviewers pressed you into fully elaborating.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

The hiring process was broken up into three separate parts: Initial interview with recruiter, phone interview, and on-site interview. The initial interview mainly goes over the job description, backing up your resume, etc. This is where they schedule the phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of five questions with multiple parts -- overall, the phone call was about 45 minutes. You are asked to look over a partial balance sheet, as well, to prepare.

The on-site interview is an all day event. I got to their talent recruitment center at 7am, and left at 3pm. You're sitting with a group of about 30 people and they have a quick presentation before your interview. The on-site interview includes two parts -- One-Ford Behavioral questions and a skills assessment role play. You're offered to go on their bus tour afterwards, which most candidates did.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are tough. They require a lot of preparation and thought. Make sure you prepare ahead of time -- and answer the questions COMPLETELY. The role-play is also difficult -- you have a half hour to prepare for a 20 minute "talk" with a dealer, and they come in early-- don't be caught off guard and think on your toes. Know where to focus your attention and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing/Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Met a recruiter at the career fair and from there scheduled an interview on campus. Recruiters were very nice, but the interview was scheduled very last minute. They only target Business School students at the University of Texas and they are very focused on GPA

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational and very difficult. Asked a lot of questions relating to financial statements.   Answer Question

FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

I applied through our school website and was scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed by three of their recruiting team, which was all behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for ford motors.
    I was later called for an interview at Detroit where I met with three of their managers, the interview took about 2 hours and it was a detailed Technical and behavioral questions like; What kind of project have you done using database, how did you do it, what did you use, what role did you play, what was the challenges, what was the result.

Interview Questions
    • If you designed a software and the next day you got alot of emails and phone calls, stating that the software is not working and to you its working, what will be your first responds and will you handle the situation?
      If you Bring a suggestion in a team and they ignore it how will you handle that situation?
        Answer Question
    Not Negotiable

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Met with recruiters at both informational meetings and career fairs. Was selected to participate in an interview. Interview is two parts. First standard interview with behavioral based questions, and secondly a role play. Role play is unique and challenging.

No Negotiation

Marketing & Sales FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in April 2010.

Interview with Regional team, phone interview with HR, assessment center which test many skills, role play, time management, organization and group interview. Also had to attend a dinner. Travel to Dearborn. 2 day process.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it offer