Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

Product Development Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2015.

online application -> online tests -> telephone interview

The online application is fairly standard, just competency questions. Similar to the telephone interview. Do some research on the company and the role.

Java Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2011.

Interview was decent . Noting out of ordinary. Simple questions .
    Interview with a sr developer and manager.
    Once the candidate was selected there would be a background check. then rates negotiation and finally date is decided.

Interview Questions
    simple take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Flew me out to Ford in Michigan. Interviewed with a few managers. Ate lunch on site. Very interesting to be able to meet all of the engineers to work with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Applied to posting from Monster,com, brief phone interview, then flight, hotel, & transportation covered for in-person interview in Dearborn. The position I applied to was way out of my league, and I was quite surprised that they even called, but maybe they get a commission for the number of people they bring in to interview? I answered a few basic programming questions over the phone and a couple weeks later they asked me to schedule a time to come to Dearborn. Free flight, free limousine service to the Dearborn Inn (which is a sight to see), $25 dinner voucher, then shuttle transportation to the interview center.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was ridiculous; just a secretary recording your answers to basic object-oriented programming questions. In-person interview was me in front of 3 manager-types with 5 situational questions and 5 technical questions.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Very easy on-campus interview. The recruiter who interviewed me did not have the right to hire me. He just wrote down what I response and turned the file to the human resources. All the questions are behavioral questions. Basically focus on teamwork. How you do your work in team activities. How to deal with a situation that your teammates are not coming to the meeting. And ask for any questions that you have on him.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of where I had to take a novel approach?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor-Final (Process Coach)-Final Supplemental-KTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2015.

Applied online through Ford Career website. Got a call the next week from HR to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed the next week with 3 Managers. Interview was awesome. Managers knew a great deal about the job and were willing to answer questions after asking about 15 very challenging questions regarding technical and behavioral aspects. Got a phone call the next day from Dearborn actually conducting the generic higher up headquarters pre screen. Then 4 days later, I received an email from Dearborn asking for more in depth application information. The next day I received my offer which I graciously accepted.

IT Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

I applied online. After having my application reviewed, I was offered online tests. I failed the tests and that was that.

The test featured very small and difficult to read graphs(if you tried to resize it would shrink it back on purpose). It also features session expiration, if you take too long to analyse a question in practise test, you get a session expiration, locking you out of the system.

I am disappointed not in failing, but about the fact that the test have absolutely no relation to the position I applied for. With severe time constraints, you are expected to act as a machine/computer or a person applying for a role such as "Data analyst".

Waste of time. If a quality specialist(as opposed to being desperate for a job) I recommend avoiding.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you join us when we put you through unrelated hoops?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gölcük, Kocaeli (Turkey)
    Anonymous Employee in Gölcük, Kocaeli (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in June 2013.

There was IQ, maths and personality tests on assessment day. Afterwords, there were 2 case studies one with presentation. Few weeks after assessment center, I was called and offered an face-to-face interview for maintenance engineering which is not related to the job I applied for.

Laborer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Hiring and interview process were very well organized. staff were very professional. Any questions I had were answered . This company has one of the most straight forward hiring and interview process in this area. Keep up the good work

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

I applied through my university and was interviewed a few weeks later. The interviewer was an engineer and the interview was mostly behavioral. He asked mostly story type questions; i.e., tell me a time when you... He also asked situational type questions; e.g., what would you do if you caught your friend and coworker falsifying budget reports. The interviewer was very friendly and was receptive to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward. There were no 'trap' questions. I do encourage anyone interviewing with them to go over some basic questions such as 'tell me about your greatest weakness.'   Answer Question