Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

Product Development FCG Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Applied through college career services and scheduled on campus interview. Standard behavioral questions nothing to surprising. Was called to schedule on-site interview. On site interviews were fairly straightforward with some behavioral as well as some questions about technical skills. Interviewed with 3 people. There was an optional tour available after the interview. Lunch/travel expenses were paid for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe skills that you have that relate to product development.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2011.

After a quick phone interview I was flown out to Dearborn to interview in person. Travel, accommodations, and local transportation were provided. Once there I had an individual interview, a group interview, and a presentation on what to expect if hired. A few weeks later I got an email message with an offer and details of how I would start.

Interview Questions
    • A case study was given before hand to compare a variety of options for employee benefits. We were tasked to provide a decision and a reasoning for this decision. This was then discussed in a group interview and the group was to pick a single solution.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available.

Information Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Applied online, was contacted several days later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with 2 employees conferencing in, they asked basic behavioral questions, nothing technical. They wanted to get a sense of you as a person. A big question at Ford is "Why Ford?", which they asked me first. Definitely prepare a good answer for this.

Interview Questions

more attractive offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Contacted initially by recruiter for Formula SAE Competition. Applied online (for 2014 school year opening) and had phone interview with two engineering managers. That was 3 questions in 30 minutes, combination of ethics/situational and technical. Was contacted 3 months later by email to apply for 2015 openings, and applied again online. Was contacted about two weeks later for in person interview ~3 weeks later. In person interview included 90 minutes with 3 managers, then had 2 hour bus tour of Dearborn area. Was contacted 4 business days later with offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • During phone interview: You are part of a team that got an incentive for finishing a project early/under budget, but you know a corner could have been cut. What are your next steps.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was very good.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

I was first contacted via email from the supervisor seeking the position. Then he contacted me for a phone call. Then screening through HR where I was asked basic questions. Then they set an interview date and started to make travel arrangements for an onsite panel interview (3 interviewers).

Interview Questions
    • Format of the questions required responses to all questions to be based off of experiences directly. They want a specific response technique for answering most questions. CAR - Circumstances, Actions (taken by individual) and Results (positive)

Two types of questions (10 overall)- Technical & Situation

Answer Question

Performance & Vehicle Simulation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

After applying online for this position, I got a rejection email after 15 days!!! and I was disappointed from this email since I thought I was a best fit for this position. BUT, 2 days later I got a call from HR and they interviewed me for this position and they scheduled for a technical phone interview with hiring manager and two other technical specialists. this technical phone interview took about 30 min and they asked briefly about my previous job experiences.
    Five days later they set up an face to face interview. and it took about 90 min.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was based on STAR method. 5 technical-behavioral questions and 5 behavioral questions. I think the questions would be easy for job seekers who are prepared for this type of interviews and have some good and bad experience from their past job experiences and have a good knowledge of what they did before in the previous jobs.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied online, and they called me back 4 days later, after a phone interview with 3 behavioral questions, they took me to dearborn where I had an interview with 9 questions, mostly behavioral and situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your best technical skill and how would you apply it in Ford   Answer Question
    No negotiation, FCG is fixed

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Heights, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2013.

Met and interviewed at an international career fair. Behavioral interview with two engineers. Also submitted online application. Received offer (without location, start date, or job specifications outlined) approximately 1-2 weeks later. Had approximately 20 days to accept. No follow-up or phone interview. Assigned to location, start date, and department approximately 1 month prior to start date. (This was for a summer internship starting in May/June. I received and accepted the offer in November.)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were privy to unethical behavior performed by a superior?   Answer Question