Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Louisville, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Ford Career website. Got a call the next week from HR to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed the next week with 3 Managers. Interview was awesome. Managers knew a great deal about the job and were willing to answer questions after asking about 15 very challenging questions regarding technical and behavioral aspects. Got a phone call the next day from Dearborn actually conducting the generic higher up headquarters pre screen. Then 4 days later, I received an email from Dearborn asking for more in depth application information. The next day I received my offer which I graciously accepted.

Program STA Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephonic HR interview. Initial phone screen was with basic questions including current job details, past experiences, why you are interested etc etc., followed by onsite interview with hiring managers. STAR questions. Total 9 questions. STAR questions. It was tough to answer similar questions but different perspective.

Interview Questions

• Total 9 questions. STAR questions. It was tough to answer similar questions but different perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, unless you present really strong reasons.

Process Coach Interview

Interview

Interview process was very simple was contacted by temp agencies and completed an interview with Ford upper management. Completed all paperwork with temp agency and was moved to the Ford facility. Was contacted few month later for a position and started weeks later for the first day of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple forms of management and union concerns at a single moment.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Tell me about yourself, Few technical questions based on my skill set that I mentioned in my resume and few behavioural question. Overall it was an average interview but at the end it dint go well.

Interview Questions

• If you get a chance what improvement would you make in our manufacturing facility as an Industrial Engineer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied to posting from Monster,com, brief phone interview, then flight, hotel, & transportation covered for in-person interview in Dearborn. The position I applied to was way out of my league, and I was quite surprised that they even called, but maybe they get a commission for the number of people they bring in to interview? I answered a few basic programming questions over the phone and a couple weeks later they asked me to schedule a time to come to Dearborn. Free flight, free limousine service to the Dearborn Inn (which is a sight to see), $25 dinner voucher, then shuttle transportation to the interview center.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was ridiculous; just a secretary recording your answers to basic object-oriented programming questions. In-person interview was me in front of 3 manager-types with 5 situational questions and 5 technical questions.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

The opening was for research engineer in Ford advanced engineering. Applied through common contact. One phone interview and one web conference. Received an email asking for available dates for a phone conversation. After the first phone interview, second web interview was scheduled. I presented my work at the web interview and mostly technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions in the phone interview were easy. They were aimed at getting to know me better. Overall the interview was not hard and the interviewers were friendly. One of the question asked was why do you want to work for Ford? What appeals to you about the job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

Overall it was very standard and went through your resume and asked questions about specific experiences. It took about half an hour and was with two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and went into detail about what their role was in their respective departments. There were not too many technical questions in this interview - mainly questions surrounding behavior and your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue that came up that didn't go exactly as planned and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

SummerWith Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I scheduled an interview with Ford through my university and had two different interviews over two days. The first day was an interivew with two Ford employees. Half of the first interview was a behavioral based interview. The second half was based off of a case they had sent me two days prior. The case was very simple but you had to have the financial backing to support your answer. The second interview was based off of the case but this time you were placed with a small team to come to a conclution and then create a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team through a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Product Development FCG Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through college career services and scheduled on campus interview. Standard behavioral questions nothing to surprising. Was called to schedule on-site interview. On site interviews were fairly straightforward with some behavioral as well as some questions about technical skills. Interviewed with 3 people. There was an optional tour available after the interview. Lunch/travel expenses were paid for.

Interview Questions

• Describe skills that you have that relate to product development.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted several days later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with 2 employees conferencing in, they asked basic behavioral questions, nothing technical. They wanted to get a sense of you as a person. A big question at Ford is "Why Ford?", which they asked me first. Definitely prepare a good answer for this.

Interview Questions

more attractive offer from another company