Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

On campus recruiting, got an interview from an info session. I got an interview mainly because I am a huge fan of Ford Motor Company, and the recruiters saw that. I showed that I am unique while conversing with them at the info session, and that is what ultimately got me an interview, not my GPA.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of behavioral questions, as well as situational questions.   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.

Sales/Marketing/Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Met a recruiter at the career fair and from there scheduled an interview on campus. Recruiters were very nice, but the interview was scheduled very last minute. They only target Business School students at the University of Texas and they are very focused on GPA

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational and very difficult. Asked a lot of questions relating to financial statements.   Answer Question

FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

I applied through our school website and was scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed by three of their recruiting team, which was all behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for ford motors.
    I was later called for an interview at Detroit where I met with three of their managers, the interview took about 2 hours and it was a detailed Technical and behavioral questions like; What kind of project have you done using database, how did you do it, what did you use, what role did you play, what was the challenges, what was the result.

Interview Questions
    • If you designed a software and the next day you got alot of emails and phone calls, stating that the software is not working and to you its working, what will be your first responds and will you handle the situation?
      If you Bring a suggestion in a team and they ignore it how will you handle that situation?

Answer Question
    Not Negotiable

FCG Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Went through Campus Recruitment and then final round interviews at Ford. The process wasn't that hard, and went fairly smoothly. Heard back within two days of the final interview with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions were fairly straight forward and were all mostly behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Met with recruiters at both informational meetings and career fairs. Was selected to participate in an interview. Interview is two parts. First standard interview with behavioral based questions, and secondly a role play. Role play is unique and challenging.

No Negotiation

Finance Interm Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

First round interview, case study, pretty basic excel spreadsheet making, comparing costs and differing variable costs. Find the most profit option.

Second round, group working together to come to a mutual conclusion, make powerpoint, and present.

Interview Questions
    • nothing, it was all pretty awesome if you know the industry and oil industry.   View Answer
    You definitely feel valued at Ford. I was asked what rank Ford was on my list of companies and I let them know 1 or 2, and that I have interviews with another big named company in Silicon Valley. I was then asked what Ford could do to make them number 1 on my list. I couldn't believe the recruiter wanted me that bad, and It left a lasting impression on me.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

The interview process consisted of two members from the product development team speaking about their experiences with Ford. They then began asking behavioral interview questions pertaining to my group and leadership skills. These questions required much thought into my experiences in previous internships and class projects. The interviewers were great listeners and were very understanding. They were more than happy to answer any questions I had about their responsibilities at Ford Motor Company or general questions about the company itself.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time when you had to deal with an issue with a client, and how you resolved that issue.   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

They came over to the university at the job fair, I gave them a copy of my resume and they scheduled my interview the next day. The interview lasted only for a minute.

They asked me two questions:
    1. Are you legally authorized to work in US?
    Me: Yes

2. Will you now or in future require sponsorship to work in US?
    Me: Yes

The interview ended right away, they told me that they don't sponsor Visas.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Contacted initially by recruiter for Formula SAE Competition. Applied online (for 2014 school year opening) and had phone interview with two engineering managers. That was 3 questions in 30 minutes, combination of ethics/situational and technical. Was contacted 3 months later by email to apply for 2015 openings, and applied again online. Was contacted about two weeks later for in person interview ~3 weeks later. In person interview included 90 minutes with 3 managers, then had 2 hour bus tour of Dearborn area. Was contacted 4 business days later with offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • During phone interview: You are part of a team that got an incentive for finishing a project early/under budget, but you know a corner could have been cut. What are your next steps.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was very good.