Ford Motor Company Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at an on campus career fair, talked to them and was signed up for an on campus interview later that week. Received a second round interview for which I traveled to Dearborn, MI. Morning of the interview gathered with other candidates for breakfast. Ford showed us a video of pro-Michigan propaganda and another of pro-Ford propaganda. Not very informational, just all the reasons why Michigan/Ford is the best place on the planet. Toured Ford facilities in Dearborn, Henry Ford's name was only mentioned oh, two or three hundred times on said tour. Interviewed in the afternoon with two sets of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What was an important decision you made in your life that many around you disagreed with at the time, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time when you had to deal with personal issues that arose between teammates when working on a project. What did you do at the time and what would you do differently now?   Answer Question

My wife did not want to move to MI.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in July 2013.

Interview

The first round was phone interview. It was for half hour. Two interviewers asked questions taking turns. After initial introductions, and a generic 'tell me about yourself' starter the actual interview began. It consisted of a few behavioral and a couple of situation based questions. e.g. most innovative idea, conflict with coworker, team experience, customer situations etc.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

I contacted the person I know working in ford and through them I approached the senior officials of the company. They spoke to me for a long time to know much about me. Finally after 2-3 meetings and after they gained confidence on me, a man from the engine dept. who is well experienced was asked to give his opinion upon me. After several meetings with him and practically proving my knowledge on the floor, he was convinced and that's how I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I am not too good at MS Excel tools. I wasted tested a lot in it. And technically, i was tested in advanced engine working concepts and ford's upcoming new products and particularly about the process of testing engines.   Answer Question