Ford Motor Company

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Flew me out to Ford in Michigan. Interviewed with a few managers. Ate lunch on site. Very interesting to be able to meet all of the engineers to work with.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Applied to posting from Monster,com, brief phone interview, then flight, hotel, & transportation covered for in-person interview in Dearborn. The position I applied to was way out of my league, and I was quite surprised that they even called, but maybe they get a commission for the number of people they bring in to interview? I answered a few basic programming questions over the phone and a couple weeks later they asked me to schedule a time to come to Dearborn. Free flight, free limousine service to the Dearborn Inn (which is a sight to see), $25 dinner voucher, then shuttle transportation to the interview center.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was ridiculous; just a secretary recording your answers to basic object-oriented programming questions. In-person interview was me in front of 3 manager-types with 5 situational questions and 5 technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2013.

Interview was not even close to what recruiter told me the job was about as Ford changed the requirements during the interview!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2013.

Got referred from an employee at Ford. Not sure about the specific name of this position.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are about hardware which I am not familiar   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in August 2011.

The process was constituted of the Written Test followed by GD and then direct interview.

Interview Questions
    It was a nice conversation.If you get a chance don't let it go.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company in July 2009.

Basic large corporate interview..nothing fancy

Interview Questions
    • Technical Problem that you faced that your had to innovate for a solution   View Answer
    • Management by influence - provide examples of leading projects people that do not report to you   View Answer