Ford Motor Company (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

3.2

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

Telephone Interview lasted around 30 minutes and I was asked all the typical competency based questions (Result focus, Customer Focus). Make sure you know Ford's background and the role you apply for. They send me an e-mail 2 days later inviting me to an assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Not any 'unexpected' questions. Very typical interview   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

6 competency based questions, Group project, Role Play, In Tray exercise. Very nice experience. In tray being the most demanding. Start writing and don't stop for a second. Role play was also difficult. Make sure whatever happens, write a good report at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

Initial online application asking standard questions. If you pass initial screening are invited to complete two online test, one reasoning(recognizing patterns) and numerical one (percentages and graphs). If you are successful you are asked to complete a telephone interview.

Telephone interview lasted approx 15mins, they send you information about what questions will be asked so just research these.

If successful you are invited to assessment day.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question as they were sent before, Some of the online tests can be tricky   Answer Question

Graduate Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dagenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Dagenham, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application well before the original deadline. Waited around for some time and then got an email asking for further details about my high school education and how I managed to get into university (despite providing degree transcript showing my Distinction Masters). After sending this information off I waited about a month and was told I had a telephone interview in two days. Did the interview, went well, standard HR questions i.e. why the company, difficult challenge, team work, basically to see if you can give examples to meet their sought after attributes that are listed on the website.

Waited 3 weeks and got a rejection. So, I went on holiday. A month after my rejection I get an email asking me to go to an assessment centre in 6 days. I had to phone them and see if I could have this moved to after I came back from holiday. No problem.

The AC was standard - In-tray, role play, interview and group exercise. Nothing unexpected, nothing too difficult. Interview questions were not technical, just make sure you can demonstrate an understanding of the current engineering challenges and propose any ideas for how you see the sector developing in the future.

Interview Questions

• In-tray exercise - Hardly any time to do a lot of work. Make sure you practice.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in July 2014.

Interview

Just as stated online. Applied online which was had some competency based questions to answer before submitting application. Then it was the online tests on numerical and inductive reasoning which I passed. The telephone interview was a more in depth competency based interview lasting about 30 mins..describe a time when..plus what you know about ford in general and why you what to work for ford.

Graduate Job In Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

First I had to apply online. Next stage was to do the online test on numerical reasoning and another test where I had to select which shape would come next on a pattern. Next stage was phone interview. Next stage was at the assessment centre. had group activities, divisions making activities and logical reasoning. Then it was 1:1 session. You get the job :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this job?   1 Answer

Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application, takes approximately 45 mins, your not timed but you are expected to finish it by a rough time limit. Large interview day with several others being interviewed for different jobs (service adviser/sales associate) takes all day but very relaxed, there are managers from several of the regions stores and they all take the time to meet and chat to people throughout the day. Lunch is provided and you are paid for attending the interview. Very competitive process. One to one interview, very relaxed after other tests designed to test your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to give a customer a negative response to a query and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as of yet. I am on a waiting list.

Application

Interview

Online portal, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rainham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Rainham, London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application form with the usual questions (why ford, examples of leadership etc). If you meet the minimum requirements you are then invited to complete a non-verbal online test, then numerical if successful. Having completed both, you're asked to book yourself a slot for the telephone interview. This is competency based, focusing on ford's key values (all the information needed is in the email). The last stage is an assessment centre. You'll complete a role-play exercise involving a presentation, an in-try writing exercise, group task, and 1-1 interview. The interview is very similar to the telephone one, competency based and motivations for working for ford and the role you have applied to.

Interview Questions

• None really. All typical interview questions. Make sure you know about the ONE ford plan and recent developments in the field.   Answer Question

Graduate IT Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in December 2010.

Interview

The process was quite straight forward. An online form, then a numerical and analytical test followed by a telephone interview and finally the assessment centre. It took ages to get my feedback and refund of expenses for the assessment centre.