Ford Motor Company (UK)

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Graduate Interview

Rainham, London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online application form with the usual questions (why ford, examples of leadership etc). If you meet the minimum requirements you are then invited to complete a non-verbal online test, then numerical if successful. Having completed both, you're asked to book yourself a slot for the telephone interview. This is competency based, focusing on ford's key values (all the information needed is in the email). The last stage is an assessment centre. You'll complete a role-play exercise involving a presentation, an in-try writing exercise, group task, and 1-1 interview. The interview is very similar to the telephone one, competency based and motivations for working for ford and the role you have applied to.

Interview Question – None really. All typical interview questions. Make sure you know about the ONE ford plan and recent developments in the field.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview Details – Online portal, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – All of them   View Answer

Graduate IT Role Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quite straight forward. An online form, then a numerical and analytical test followed by a telephone interview and finally the assessment centre. It took ages to get my feedback and refund of expenses for the assessment centre.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years in the company?   Answer Question

Financial ACCOUNTANT Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in May 2010.

Interview Details – All jobs are first open to internal canidates before they are avertisied externally. This allows for great progression if you show initiativce and work hard.
Anyone who submits an application for a role is likely to get an interview if their existing manager approves it. therefore this will always be at your managers discretion. Although this sounds slightly unfair, I have never come across anybosy whos application has bee declined.
Al mangers have a monthly meetig whereby they discuss the achievements of their staff. therefore other managers are aware of how you are performing. The interview process is basically a one to one interview. You are likely to here if you have passed the interview a few days later

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have used data to come to a decision   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cant negotiate your salary

Finance Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2010.

Interview Details – Application form
Psychometric Testing
Telephone Interview
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Why ford?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in September 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted a CV on the recomendation of a friend, to apply for a vacant position. I was called with in 2 weeks to request further information over the phone. this consisted of my back ground and future plans. it was about 30 mins. I was later asked to come in for an interview and testing session. which i passed.
The interviewers was very friendly, the office environment looked very pleasing

Interview Question – What situation have you faced in which you needed to demonstrate your ability to provide creative solutions to a difficult problem   Answer Question

Product Development Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2009.

Interview Details – I have been asked about my previous experience that relates to this job. Only technical question was if I new some of the new technologies that will be implemented on vehicles soon. Can-do attitude is the key.

Interview Question – Do you any new technologies that can reduce CO2 emissions of vehicles?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in December 2009.

Interview Details – Great initial communications which continued throughout the process. Initial hiring process is difficult however worth the effort once you are with the company. In-house interviews fair and valid with good development opportunities available.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone that you did not get on with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Would not negotiate as there are set salaries with no room for flexibility

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ford Motor Company (UK)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor Company (UK) interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor Company (UK) employees and interview candidates.