Ford Motor Company (UK) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
10 interviews

3.3

Graduate Manufacture Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Initial online application asking standard questions. If you pass initial screening are invited to complete two online test, one reasoning(recognizing patterns) and numerical one (percentages and graphs). If you are successful you are asked to complete a telephone interview.

Telephone interview lasted approx 15mins, they send you information about what questions will be asked so just research these.

If successful you are invited to assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question as they were sent before, Some of the online tests can be tricky   Answer Question

Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in March 2014.

Online application, takes approximately 45 mins, your not timed but you are expected to finish it by a rough time limit. Large interview day with several others being interviewed for different jobs (service adviser/sales associate) takes all day but very relaxed, there are managers from several of the regions stores and they all take the time to meet and chat to people throughout the day. Lunch is provided and you are paid for attending the interview. Very competitive process. One to one interview, very relaxed after other tests designed to test your customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to give a customer a negative response to a query and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as of yet. I am on a waiting list.

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rainham, London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Rainham, London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2013.

Online application form with the usual questions (why ford, examples of leadership etc). If you meet the minimum requirements you are then invited to complete a non-verbal online test, then numerical if successful. Having completed both, you're asked to book yourself a slot for the telephone interview. This is competency based, focusing on ford's key values (all the information needed is in the email). The last stage is an assessment centre. You'll complete a role-play exercise involving a presentation, an in-try writing exercise, group task, and 1-1 interview. The interview is very similar to the telephone one, competency based and motivations for working for ford and the role you have applied to.

Interview Questions
    • None really. All typical interview questions. Make sure you know about the ONE ford plan and recent developments in the field.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Online portal, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Graduate IT Role Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in December 2010.

The process was quite straight forward. An online form, then a numerical and analytical test followed by a telephone interview and finally the assessment centre. It took ages to get my feedback and refund of expenses for the assessment centre.

Financial Accountant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in May 2010.

All jobs are first open to internal canidates before they are avertisied externally. This allows for great progression if you show initiativce and work hard.
    Anyone who submits an application for a role is likely to get an interview if their existing manager approves it. therefore this will always be at your managers discretion. Although this sounds slightly unfair, I have never come across anybosy whos application has bee declined.
    Al mangers have a monthly meetig whereby they discuss the achievements of their staff. therefore other managers are aware of how you are performing. The interview process is basically a one to one interview. You are likely to here if you have passed the interview a few days later

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have used data to come to a decision   Answer Question
    You cant negotiate your salary

Finance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2010.

Application form
    Psychometric Testing
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Systems Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in September 2008.

I submitted a CV on the recomendation of a friend, to apply for a vacant position. I was called with in 2 weeks to request further information over the phone. this consisted of my back ground and future plans. it was about 30 mins. I was later asked to come in for an interview and testing session. which i passed.
    The interviewers was very friendly, the office environment looked very pleasing

Interview Questions
    • What situation have you faced in which you needed to demonstrate your ability to provide creative solutions to a difficult problem   Answer Question

Product Development Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in October 2009.

I have been asked about my previous experience that relates to this job. Only technical question was if I new some of the new technologies that will be implemented on vehicles soon. Can-do attitude is the key.

Interview Questions
    • Do you any new technologies that can reduce CO2 emissions of vehicles?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) in December 2009.

Great initial communications which continued throughout the process. Initial hiring process is difficult however worth the effort once you are with the company. In-house interviews fair and valid with good development opportunities available.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone that you did not get on with. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Would not negotiate as there are set salaries with no room for flexibility

Worked for Ford Motor Company (UK)? Contribute to the Community!