Ford Motor Credit Leadership Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit in April 2014.

The first interview went really well. The interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation. There were a series of behavioral questions. Just have a few examples of your experiences and try to apply them to these situations. Got invited to the conference in Nashville, TN. It was a nice experience. The other candidates were friendly and we bonded a bit.

Interview Questions
  • Don't really remember, but there is probably one about how do you deal with a slacker in a group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Credit

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit in April 2014.

I applied to the program at my university's career center website. A few days later, I received a notification to set up an appointment on campus for an in-person interview. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call to attend the Talent Management Conference in Franklin, TN. I was excited to attend the conference (hotel, airfare, transfers, and food were paid for). Prior to attending the TM Conference, everyone was required to complete a case study (which was lengthy). I would like to mention that we were only allowed to stay one night; coming from the West Coast, I found the whole trip exhausting. We had to wait for our bus to Ford's office at 7:15am CST, which is 5:15 PST. Needless to say, after a long day of traveling, I was not refreshed when I woke up at 5:30am CST (3:30am PST) to get ready for the interview. Meanwhile, some people drove to the conference from an hour away. It was pretty poorly planned in my opinion and no one took that into consideration.

At the conference, there was a group interview and regular interview with two people. The interview was brutal; there were 7 super long and annoying questions with about 5 parts each. I got along with the interviewers, but was annoyed at the interview questions--I certainly think those could be changed.

After attending the conference, I found out that after the 3 year program is finished, there is "no clearly-defined path" for successful employees. They pretty much stated that it was up to them & depended on what their business needs are at the time. It appears that there is limited upward mobility.

Lastly, if you're expecting tuition reimbursement, think again--it may be possible; however, it is up to your manager. Like I said before, they are more concerned with their business needs than your talents and aspirations.

Needless to say, I am glad that I was not selected. It worked out for the best and I will be pursuing my Ph.D in September.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there were SO MANY long-winded questions--I can't even remember them anymore.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

Great experience, the people hiring me were very nice and really got to know me. Not just drilling me with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavior quesitons such as what makes you a good fit? why should be hire you? what will you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    No Negotition

Leadership Development Program Interview

Applied through Career Services. Interviewed on campus mostly behavioral questions. Invited to talent management conference where you are given a case study. Seems like it'll be a group interview at the conference.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in a group and need to make a deadline and one member doesn't show up to the meeting what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit in February 2013.

Leadership Development Program interview was set up by career services at my university and had a 1 on 1 interview with a FC manager. It went well and was invited to the 2nd interview at the office with a case that had to be answered and presented.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

Personal interview based on behavioral questions. Then a group interview at headquarters, evaluate case study.

Interview Questions
    • What would you as a group rank the possible programs?   View Answer
    They frown upon negotiations for this program, too many other applicants. Already offer a highly competitive salary

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

There was a packet of behavioral interview questions. One question was, "Tell me about a time you overlooked a detail or made a mistake. Please describe the situation and how you handled it." Also, "What skills/qualities do you think you can bring to the program at Ford Motor Credit?".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to provide a service to someone and how you handled difficulty within the situation.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit in October 2012.

Submitted a cover letter and Resume through a University Career Services website. First interview was on campus. I was only asked 7 or 8 questions. A couple back round questions, that could be pulled off my resume, two behavioral questions, and a vague open ended situational question. Questions had at least 5+ parts each. Then why do you want to work here and a couple legal questions. Received an email the next day, saying after 'careful consideration' they didn't believe our interests and goals aligned. None of the questions had anything to do with what my goals or interests were. I had poor rapport with the interviewer, she just read everything from the packet of questions and information she had and took notes as I spoke, so I wasn't able to make eye contact. We did speak about the process from there which would be to go to one of there business centers for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a group with 3 other people and are assigned complete a project that has to be completed in 2 months. The task can be completed as long as everyone works together. At the first meeting one member doesn't show, the other 2 members decide to reschedule in 2 weeks. How would you handle and approach the situation?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor Credit in April 2012.

Interview process was 2 rounds. First interview was 1 on 1 and on campus. If you were selected for round 2, they sent you a case that you had to write up per given questions and bring with you to 1 day group conference. The conference consisted of group interview, group case presentations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult decision you had to make in leading a group and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Ford Motor Credit? Contribute to the Community!