Ford Motor Credit Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

First a 45 minute interview and if you do well there, you get invited to a talent conference for another interview with a case study. The process is still ongoing for me, but it seems like it is a 4 week thing in total, tops. The guy I interviewed with was awesome. Just treat them like any other person, since you know.... they are.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Credit

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Credit (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Consisted of two total interviews, first was one on one second was two interviewers. Not overly difficult interviews, mostly consisted of situational questions. Final interview involved a trip to one of their business centers to gain more insight into the Leadership Development Program and to be able to ask questions and learn more about the program in addition to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions, no really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Not the type of job I was looking for

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Credit in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for the interview through a campus job posting. Was selected for the interview and allowed to choose a time slot to interview. The interviewer seemed rushed and had a select group of questions he strictly followed to fit in the 30 minute time frame.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have failed in school or at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Credit (Franklin, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to the program at my university's career center website. A few days later, I received a notification to set up an appointment on campus for an in-person interview. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call to attend the Talent Management Conference in Franklin, TN. I was excited to attend the conference (hotel, airfare, transfers, and food were paid for). Prior to attending the TM Conference, everyone was required to complete a case study (which was lengthy). I would like to mention that we were only allowed to stay one night; coming from the West Coast, I found the whole trip exhausting. We had to wait for our bus to Ford's office at 7:15am CST, which is 5:15 PST. Needless to say, after a long day of traveling, I was not refreshed when I woke up at 5:30am CST (3:30am PST) to get ready for the interview. Meanwhile, some people drove to the conference from an hour away. It was pretty poorly planned in my opinion and no one took that into consideration. At the conference, there was a group interview and regular interview with two people. The interview was brutal; there were 7 super long and annoying questions with about 5 parts each. I got along with the interviewers, but was annoyed at the interview questions--I certainly think those could be changed. After attending the conference, I found out that after the 3 year program is finished, there is "no clearly-defined path" for successful employees. They pretty much stated that it was up to them & depended on what their business needs are at the time. It appears that there is limited upward mobility. Lastly, if you're expecting tuition reimbursement, think again--it may be possible; however, it is up to your manager. Like I said before, they are more concerned with their business needs than your talents and aspirations. Needless to say, I am glad that I was not selected. It worked out for the best and I will be pursuing my Ph.D in September.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, there were SO MANY long-winded questions--I can't even remember them anymore.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor Credit in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview went really well. The interviewer was friendly and we had a good conversation. There were a series of behavioral questions. Just have a few examples of your experiences and try to apply them to these situations. Got invited to the conference in Nashville, TN. It was a nice experience. The other candidates were friendly and we bonded a bit.

Interview Questions

• Don't really remember, but there is probably one about how do you deal with a slacker in a group.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

Interview

Great experience, the people hiring me were very nice and really got to know me. Not just drilling me with questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior quesitons such as what makes you a good fit? why should be hire you? what will you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotition

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Applied through Career Services. Interviewed on campus mostly behavioral questions. Invited to talent management conference where you are given a case study. Seems like it'll be a group interview at the conference.

Interview Questions

• If you are in a group and need to make a deadline and one member doesn't show up to the meeting what would you do?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

Interview

Personal interview based on behavioral questions. Then a group interview at headquarters, evaluate case study.

Interview Questions

• What would you as a group rank the possible programs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They frown upon negotiations for this program, too many other applicants. Already offer a highly competitive salary

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor Credit.

Interview

There was a packet of behavioral interview questions. One question was, "Tell me about a time you overlooked a detail or made a mistake. Please describe the situation and how you handled it." Also, "What skills/qualities do you think you can bring to the program at Ford Motor Credit?".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to provide a service to someone and how you handled difficulty within the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ford Motor Credit (Knoxville, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Leadership Development Program interview was set up by career services at my university and had a 1 on 1 interview with a FC manager. It went well and was invited to the 2nd interview at the office with a case that had to be answered and presented.