Ford Motor Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated Aug 9, 2014

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2014.

Typical situation based interview. Employees seemed genuinely excited about the direction Ford was heading as a company. They expressed confidence in Ford's business model. After about 2 hours of questioning was complete. It was really good experience. They roll out the red carpet for travel, lodging,and food.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was on par with most situation based interviews. No technical questions were asked. Your resume should speak to your technical experience. Just to be prepared to be surround with about 8 to 9 more candidates who are just as nervous as you are, but once the conversation starts your nerves will settle.   Answer Question

Work seemed exciting, however I am from south east New Orleans and I was not excited about leaving home

FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2014.

Phone interview with a 2 Ford employees. If you get invited to the Talent Management Conference (TMC), you know made it to the second round. At atheist TMC there are 3 interviews, behavioral, case study, and group interviews. Let you know about an offer within a week.

Marketing & Sales FCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2010.

Interview with Regional team, phone interview with HR, assessment center which test many skills, role play, time management, organization and group interview. Also had to attend a dinner. Travel to Dearborn. 2 day process.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it offer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer
    The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
    I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
      And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".
        Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2012.

The recruiters called me and set up a phone interview. I was interviewed by two different people. After the interviews they called me back maybe 3 weeks to a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find anything difficult in my interview process.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2013.

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Panel Interview based on Ford One goals, behavioral and situational

Interview Questions
    • Lengthy question about how you'd deal with a specific situation using past experiences as references   Answer Question
    State Expectations and current pay. Then another opportunity to submit it on Internet. Then one week offer period where you accept or call to negotiate. I took original offer, above my stated expected salary.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview process is long 1-1.5 hours. 12 behaviorial/technical questions about past experiences and leadership (tell us the time when, etc). The process was very formal. Managers were friendly/professional.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected if you prepared for the interview. The most difficult part was remembering what your prepared answers wer for those questions - it's harder to think when you're nervous and under pressure to do well :)   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2013.

Very well done, explained position or positions and duties, encouraged questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!