Ford Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing & Sales FCG Interview

Marketing & Sales FCG
Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Regional team, phone interview with HR, assessment center which test many skills, role play, time management, organization and group interview. Also had to attend a dinner. Travel to Dearborn. 2 day process.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer

Very Difficult Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details – I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".
  Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiters called me and set up a phone interview. I was interviewed by two different people. After the interviews they called me back maybe 3 weeks to a month later with an offer.

Interview Question – I did not find anything difficult in my interview process.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CGI Group in November 2013

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst Interview

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details – Panel Interview based on Ford One goals, behavioral and situational

Interview Question – Lengthy question about how you'd deal with a specific situation using past experiences as references   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – State Expectations and current pay. Then another opportunity to submit it on Internet. Then one week offer period where you accept or call to negotiate. I took original offer, above my stated expected salary.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate
Dearborn, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Interview process is long 1-1.5 hours. 12 behaviorial/technical questions about past experiences and leadership (tell us the time when, etc). The process was very formal. Managers were friendly/professional.

Interview Question – All questions were expected if you prepared for the interview. The most difficult part was remembering what your prepared answers wer for those questions - it's harder to think when you're nervous and under pressure to do well :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very well done, explained position or positions and duties, encouraged questions

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone screen, followed by in person interview.

Interview Question – Majority are behavioral questions. Interviewers took turns & with follow up questions based on the answers.   View Answer

NVH Sound Quality Engineer Interview

NVH Sound Quality Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

Interview Details – normal interview, asked for experience on sound qualities. I don't know why, the employer liked another cannidates which is less experienced than me as other things are nearly the same.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ford Motor

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor interview questions and advice in Detroit, MI. All 94 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees and interview candidates.