Ford Motor Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2011.

I started with a campus interview and then I was invited to the Talent Management Conference in Dearborn. The questions were related to the finance case distributed to me prior to the first interview, integrity, work in a team environment and why I want to work for them. Everyone was very easy to communicate to and made me very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when I had a problem with a team member.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in July 2011.

Screening interview with a Finance supevisor and then initial interview with a supervisor & Director (2:1) to present a finance case on capital budgeting. The interviewers also asked several behavioral questions. I was later invited to Ford management Talent Conference, which was all paid for including food and hotel. In the conference, I went through a one hour behavioral interview (2:1), then a group interview, lunch and learn session and finally technical interview. In the group interview, 5-6 finance candidates presented a case and worked together to come up with one recommendation. In the technical interview, I had to present another case which was a further twist from the last case.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if manager of a division has consistently been running over budget.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2010.

This position was for the MBA summer financial analyst. A week before the interview i was given a capital budgeting case. I was to present my recommendations and assumptions to two finance managers who came to campus. They also asked a few behavioral questions. I spent considerable time preparing the case and they really liked my assumptions and recommendations. I was not invited to the second round but in the next round they brought together the four interviewees who made it to discuss the case in further detail given new information on the case to see how they interacted with others in real life setting, I believe I would of done better in this setting. I asked for feedback on why I did not make it to the next round. I was told that I did not give enough eye contact in the interview while presenting and not enough energy, what they call management presence. So in hindsight I would of been better off spending less time on my analysis on more time practising my presentation, because that was they wanted someone who could effectively communicate their point of view. They told me they would like to interview me next year for the full time position.

Interview Questions
    • What assumptions did you make in the finance case?   View Answer
    • What would you in a certain situation?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

5 rounds
    Round 1- aptitude
    2- case study
    3- case discussion
    4- technical interview
    5- Behavioural

Interview Questions
    • Case is on investment decision which you might have to use excel and word. Used sensitivity analysis   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2009.

I was recruited on campus through the finance internship program .

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral. Nothing unexpected . Example: Tell me about a time when you showed leadership .   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but I was told campus recruit offers are standard and would not be negotiated .

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2009.

One-on-one fit interview with 3 different people. It was mostly behavioral, with questions that focused on "tell me about a time when you...". One-on-one interviews followed by a group case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my offer.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!