Ford Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ford College Graduate Interview

Ford College Graduate
Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a recruiting event on campus and had an on-campus interview. Following that they sent me a case study I had to do which seemed weird since my background was design/engineering related and has nothing to do with business but it was very easy and subjectively used during a group interview that was onsite. They fly you out to Dearborn and had an interview with two current engineers and then the group interview. Only a few days later after the flight do you hear back with an answer.

Interview Question – My case study was: the company is doing well after years of problems and they finally have money again. How should they spend it? Advertising, community initiatives, create off-site working capabilities for people to work at home, or buy other companies? None of these are wrong but you have to pick one and then as a group come to a conclusion on which to choose.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable for salary but their benefits and relocation packages are very good.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Ford College Graduate
Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy, and consists of a phone interview, initial face-to-face interview with 3-4 team members, and finally, a Talent Management Conference (TMC). If you're invited to the TMC, you can be sure you've made the first cut.

The TMC starts around 8AM and can last until Noon or later depending on the schedule they design for you. It consists of several parts including a brief overview of the company, a behavioral interview, technical interview, luncheon, and group case analysis. None of the process is all that difficult (if you "know your stuff"), it's just slow and repetitive.

After you complete the TMC, you will receive an offer decision within a week.

Interview Question – As I said, no particular question was difficult. They were mostly behavioral (i.e. what would you do in X situation), or (How would you respond IF Y happens suddenly?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- everything in FCG is fixed, take it or leave it.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!