Ford Motor

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal. Sent resume and got a call two weeks later. Phone interview + quick site visit

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received an interview from going to one of Ford's career fairs. I then proceeded to complete a one-on-one interview and they either called you back saying you got the job or you did not.

Interview Question – What is an example of where I had to take a novel approach? What made it novel?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – I got an email from them saying they wanted to interview me. From the interview to the offer it took a month. The interview itself was simple, they asked behavioral question, question you on things you put on your resume, and of course "Why Ford?". I got interviewed by two people that were very nice, they made me feel very welcomed. Overall the interview was easy because of how they made you feel.

Very Easy Interview

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to by a friend of a friend. I was not interviewed at all. I sent my resume and got the job.

Interview Question – Once again, I was not interviewed so this does not apply.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair and interviewed next day. The interview was really just me discussing my resume/experience/qualifications, and the recruiter working with me to figure out what positions I would be a good fit for.

Interview Question – There were really no questions   Answer Question

Edinburg, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, long space between comunications

Interview Question – What do you want to do in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online without any connections, heard from them within two weeks, had one phone interview. Interview was mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – How I would react to low team morale after a person was fired for an invalid reason.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at a career fair and honestly did not expect to hear back from them. I spoke with the recruiter for a little bit and then she jotted down some notes on the back of my resume and I went on my way. A month or 2 later I was contacted and asked if I was still looking for an internship. When I replied, they offered me a position, so I actually did not go through the formal interview process.

Interview Question – When speaking with the recruiter at the career fair, I believe a question that I was asked was describe an extracurricular activity that you are involved with. I remember getting excited while answering this question and the recruiter took note of this and I this along with a certain skill that I had landed me my offer. None of the questions were really out of left field, just your basic career fair back and forth conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ford Motor

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees and interview candidates.