Ford Motor

220 candidate interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Cologne (Germany)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2009.

Interview Details – The first part of the interview was with a guy from HR that explained a bit on the company, then I was taken to the office of my future supervisor for the interview. The interview was conducted by the supervisor AND his manager and was technically very challenging - as I expected it would be considering the area where I applied. The interview was conducted in a very professional way and not only limited to technical questions but also concentrated on language and cultural knowledge.

Interview Question – A specific question on how to attach the connecting link of an anti-roll bar to a suspension strut in order to provoke/not provoke torque steer in a front suspension.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation. The job definition was defined by a fixed salary.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had one interview with dum managers asking dum questions

Interview Question – Most difficult question was: tell us what you like most   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Marketing & Sales FCG Interview

Marketing & Sales FCG
Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Regional team, phone interview with HR, assessment center which test many skills, role play, time management, organization and group interview. Also had to attend a dinner. Travel to Dearborn. 2 day process.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, invited for 1:1 Interview

Interview Question – Behavior Questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate
Dearborn, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Interview process is long 1-1.5 hours. 12 behaviorial/technical questions about past experiences and leadership (tell us the time when, etc). The process was very formal. Managers were friendly/professional.

Interview Question – All questions were expected if you prepared for the interview. The most difficult part was remembering what your prepared answers wer for those questions - it's harder to think when you're nervous and under pressure to do well :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst Interview

Technical Specialist/Business Analyst
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details – Panel Interview based on Ford One goals, behavioral and situational

Interview Question – Lengthy question about how you'd deal with a specific situation using past experiences as references   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – State Expectations and current pay. Then another opportunity to submit it on Internet. Then one week offer period where you accept or call to negotiate. I took original offer, above my stated expected salary.

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Case Scenario, Behavioral Questions

Interview Question – Explaining the Case   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

Zone Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Leadership Development Conference on-site in Dearborn, Michigan was a day-long intensive interview process combining group work, one-on-one and skills assessments. At the conclusion of the day, you are either offered a job or not.

Interview Question – skills assessment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not applicable

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2012.

Interview Details – Overall the process was fairly painless. After applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, which was with 3 people, a few weeks passed and I received an offer. The part of the process that takes the longest and is most grueling is the onboarding process. Getting the information about your position and start take a long time but it is very rewarding when you get to see all of your options.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral. They were all pretty much "name a time" or "what would you do if" style questions. The one question that stuck out the most and is always challenging for people is "why [insert company name]."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ford Motor

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor interview questions and advice. All 220 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees and interview candidates.