Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer
    The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2011.

Had one interview with dum managers asking dum questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was: tell us what you like most   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cologne (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2009.

The first part of the interview was with a guy from HR that explained a bit on the company, then I was taken to the office of my future supervisor for the interview. The interview was conducted by the supervisor AND his manager and was technically very challenging - as I expected it would be considering the area where I applied. The interview was conducted in a very professional way and not only limited to technical questions but also concentrated on language and cultural knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • A specific question on how to attach the connecting link of an anti-roll bar to a suspension strut in order to provoke/not provoke torque steer in a front suspension.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation. The job definition was defined by a fixed salary.

Zone Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2012.

Applied through online system

Interview Questions
    • If the district manager you were working under left for 6 months how would you handle the situation and keep up to date with the dealerships you are overseeing.   Answer Question

CFP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2010.

On campus interview with business case (go/no go decision on possible investment) along with behavioral questions. Then went to headquarters in Dearborn, did a 'team' interview on how to spend excess profit, a follow-up case on investment decision and a behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unethical action by your supervisor   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2009.

The Epitec Recruitor viewed my online Resume and matched me with a great offer. My Epitec associate met me at the customer's location and briefed me so that I was very prepared for the interview process. I interviewed with a two person team who were very specific about my duties and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • How well do I work with the UAW Trades while on a project.   View Answer
    Very quick negotiation phase. The customer was impressed with my Resume and my interview. Epitec paid a little below market value, but also paid for my training time to keep my INdustry Certification.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

The interview process was all day event (8am to 5pm). 50 or so potential hires showed up to the event. it started with breakfast in the morning. Tours of various Ford Facilities/historic sites in Dearborn, MI. The first round of interviewing was about noon after lunch. It was a monitored group discussion with other potential hires. Prior to the interview day we were given a made up scenario that Ford received extra funds to be used and some options were give on how the money should be used. Each potential hire had to choose from the options on how the money should be spent and discuss/defend your choice among the other potential hires. After that, more site seeing and about three o'clock another more formal interview. With a hiring manager and a HR rep. interview was about 30 mins. There was no discussion about what was on my resume. There were some formal interview questions and some behavior type questions like your boss wants you to ship parts that are knowingly nonconforming, do you ship the parts? How would you handle the scenario. We were told that hiring decisions would be made based on those two interview processes and we would know if you going to presented a job offer that same day. After the two rounds of interviews we had a dinner with hiring managers. We were broken into smaller groups and each group had two hiring mangers that we were expected to interact with and get more perspective of the job. This dinner had no bearing on the hiring decision. After the dinner we found out if we would receive a job offer or not. This was a great hiring process. I was intimidated at first by it being an all day event and the number of potential hires. But it all worked out well.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you took a risk? Give STAR (situation task action results)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburg, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2009.

3 interviews, long space between comunications

None

Maintinance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2012.

resume, interview, drug test and physical.

there was none

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2012.

Overall the process was fairly painless. After applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, which was with 3 people, a few weeks passed and I received an offer. The part of the process that takes the longest and is most grueling is the onboarding process. Getting the information about your position and start take a long time but it is very rewarding when you get to see all of your options.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral. They were all pretty much "name a time" or "what would you do if" style questions. The one question that stuck out the most and is always challenging for people is "why [insert company name]."   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!