Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor.

Interviews are tough.... Almost like being tested rather than an interview. Most interviews I've had with other companies were more like conversations. Ford was tough situational questions, asking how you should react.

Interview Questions
    None. They wouldn't budge one bit, depite better offers from other companies.

Global Product Planning and Strategy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ford Motor.

I have done initial screen at national conference. It was mostly about behavior questions. (strong emphasis on why automotive and why ford)

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor.

Applied through campus recruiting, followed by interview. Interview was standard behavioral fare, lasting 30 minutes, followed by a 30 minute role play that covered a potential situation that could arise while on the job. Received a rejection within the week.

Product Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor.

Ford came to my campus to interview students for an internship role within a unit of Ford Sync. The interview was of typical length (45 minutes) and fairly straightforward, focusing on behavioral questions. However, after the interview I did not hear anything back from the company until about 5 weeks later, when I received an email from my interviewer letting me know he recommended me for a job. Easy process but it took much longer than expected.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I attend an onsite interview for the Ford College Graduate rotational program. The process was relatively quick an painless. A case study was sent out for you to have prepared in advance. You discuss the case with other candidates and justify your decisions. The actual interview was with two people and they gave standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was very straight forward. You would be given a business scenario are asked what to do. Most of these questions boiled down to, "would you sacrifice quality/safety/ethics for a deadline/profit?"   Answer Question

I don't think any salary is high enough to get me to live in Detroit

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

had an on-campus interview and invited to the Talent Management Conference

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Purchasing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor.

All the recruiters seemed very nice, I talked with them at my schools career fair then had an interview. During the interview there were two people there one full time employee and one recent graduate. Most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, they gave a VERY generous salary.

Intern ME Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor.

One on campus interview. The questions were straight forward. Going through my resume and asking detailed questions. Most of it was behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable do you feel about moving from CA to Michigan?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ford Motor.

First round interviews were super relaxed with questions centering around fit, ethics, and what you would do in a situation. The Superday involves a team activity to see if you play nice, and an individual interview to test your situational skills and further test your fit.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a supplier proved that they consistently did not meet your required level of service?   Answer Question