Ford Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ford Graduate Program Interview

Ford Graduate Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Given a case study to complete prior to the Talent Management Conference in Dearborn. Event took all day and had three interviews throughout the day.

Interview Question – Do you have any marketing experience?   Answer Question

Provo, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting website. Interview consisted of two interviews. First round included presenting a case that was given a few days prior to the interview and a few behavioral questions. Second round was a group interview which consisted of discussing the case. It is important to make sure that your analysis of the case makes sense. Also, make sure you give good reasoning of your answer.

Interview Question – The case was the most difficult part. Other questions were your typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not even close to what recruiter told me the job was about as Ford changed the requirements during the interview!

Interview Question – DB2 error code   Answer Question

FCG Product Development Engineer Interview

FCG Product Development Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a behavioral phone interview. Then I got an invitation to the Ford Talent Management Conference where I had one interview with 2 current engineers, and a case study with about 4 other candidates (2 employees just observed the session and didn't say a single thing).

The interview was a set of behavioral questions that the interviewers read from a sheet and some follow-up questions. The case-study was not very stressful as everyone was polite and professional - it didn't feel like we were competing but rather just presenting our communication skills.

The talent conference was schedules such that there was no time to explore the facility or Dearborn. They flew me out at night, my interviews were in the morning and I was back at the airport by 1 or 2 pm.

Interview Question – You are in charge of supervising a production line and notice a small safety risk. During this time the plant is building a very successful product and taking any time off the line would have significant costs. What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – FCG positions are non-negotiable.

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – I applied through my school and got an interview couple weeks later. The interview was relaxed they introduced themselves and I walked through my resume. Than we discussed the case study that I had a week to work on. Finally, they had behavioral questions and than I followed up with some questions. Great people to talk to, they are interested in talking finance and the auto industry.

Interview Question – A question about integrity   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother I was happy to get and offer and I accepted.

Zone Manager Interview

Zone Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – Very competitive. Went to our career fair and did not interview many people. Got through that round and into the Talent Management Conference. After that, I received an offer

Interview Question – The business case was not a walk in the park. The interviews are also very interesting.   Answer Question

FCG Manufacturing Engineer Interview

FCG Manufacturing Engineer
Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university, had a great one on one interview with a plant manager on campus. After 2 weeks, I was invited to the Talent Conference in Detroit. The conference was very professional and ran smoothly. We were given a case study to complete and use in a group interview setting with other candidates where we discussed our choices in front of Ford representatives. Our case study was also used in our personal interview, which lasted about 45 minutes.
The size of the conference (about 50 candidates) can be intimidating at first, but as long as you are honest, know your resume/case study, and show your interest in the position, it shouldn't be a problem. Overall a nice experience.
I received the offer about 3 weeks after the conference.

Interview Question – They were basic situational and behavioral questions to determine how you will act in certain situations. Nothing too intense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as an FCG.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – I began networking with Ford employees at a career fair before being placed on the interview schedule at my university. There is one 30-minute interview with 15 minutes dedicated to a case, and 15 minutes for behavioral questions. I received the case materials a week in advance. The interviewers were extremely friendly, and dedicated considerable time to answering questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through financial and strategic considerations in the case that led to your recommendation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Interview Details – I got an email from them saying they wanted to interview me. From the interview to the offer it took a month. The interview itself was simple, they asked behavioral question, question you on things you put on your resume, and of course "Why Ford?". I got interviewed by two people that were very nice, they made me feel very welcomed. Overall the interview was easy because of how they made you feel.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus website and got a on-campus interview in 2 weeks

Interview Question – All routine behavioral questions. But they asked so many question in limited time.   Answer Question