Ford Motor Interview Questions & Reviews

Phone interview
    On-site interview for 2 hours

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

First round had behavioral questions and a business case. Second round was at the Talent Management Conference with two behavioral interviews with a case and a group interview. TMC was fun and pleasant. Got an offer sometime in a week's span or two, was not counting. Great people, quality of coworkers matters to workplace satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • A follow up question to something I was saying, but it won't make sense to share   Answer Question
    Have concrete reasons, and they will be reasonable.

STA Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in June 2013.

Very professional application and interview process. I was contacted via email regarding being selected to attend a Talent Management Conference. There was some preparation required for the conference. The conference was very professionally managed, with opening remarks given by a Ford Senior Manager, refreshments served, interviews with two Ford Managers, and a lunch provided with Q&A available with two other Ford Quality Managers. I was very impressed with the caliber of all of the Ford employees involved in the conference - very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to get people to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2012.

Overall the process was fairly painless. After applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, which was with 3 people, a few weeks passed and I received an offer. The part of the process that takes the longest and is most grueling is the onboarding process. Getting the information about your position and start take a long time but it is very rewarding when you get to see all of your options.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral. They were all pretty much "name a time" or "what would you do if" style questions. The one question that stuck out the most and is always challenging for people is "why [insert company name]."   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

FCG Buyer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

The interview was setup through a professor and took place at my university. Overall it was a positive experience and they laid the process out well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you completed work for a customer and they came back to you and asked for something different?   View Answer

Manufacturing/Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

I got an email from my major advisor saying that Ford Motors would be on campus talking to students and looking at resumes, for potential on campus interviews. I went to where the recruiters were, not expecting any type of positive result but hoped for the best. The recruiter I was talking to brought me over to a lady when we were done and she scheduled me in for an interview and I was excited, but realized that they had been basically handing out interviews all day. My interview was scheduled for a few days later after that. During my interview, they asked me several behavioral questions including ones like "If you were about to submit a big project and you learn that one of your group members did not find their data correctly, and it is going to skew your results, what do you do?" and "Name a time when a problem arose and what did you do to solve it, please provide us with the process you took to solve it"

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation in which you made a mistake or error and realized it, and what did you do to correct it."   View Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2011.

Had one interview with dum managers asking dum questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was: tell us what you like most   Answer Question

Statistical/Vehicle Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

The entire hiring process took more than 2 months. I applied the position online via a job board September. After talking with HR, I got the initial phone interview by going over your resume. Late of October, I was invited to attend the Talent Management Conference. There ware two parts of interview: group assessment and individual interview. In group assessment, I and another two candidates of different positions to discuss your proposal for a case study. The individual interview section, most of questions were typical behavior questions. Only few of them were technical.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, if you know yourself well and your answers are based on your true thoughts.   View Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

I attended the Ford hiring conference for a IT position. There are 2 interviews you have to pass. A technical interview and a Leadership interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when someone disagreed with your opinion.   Answer Question

NVH Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

I was contacted by a contracting company and brought in for an interview very quickly. I had a short interview that consisted mostly of them telling me about Ford and the job position.

I would recommend negotiating your offer.