Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Zone Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Very competitive. Went to our career fair and did not interview many people. Got through that round and into the Talent Management Conference. After that, I received an offer

Interview Questions
    • The business case was not a walk in the park. The interviews are also very interesting.   Answer Question

FCG Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in November 2013.

Applied through my university, had a great one on one interview with a plant manager on campus. After 2 weeks, I was invited to the Talent Conference in Detroit. The conference was very professional and ran smoothly. We were given a case study to complete and use in a group interview setting with other candidates where we discussed our choices in front of Ford representatives. Our case study was also used in our personal interview, which lasted about 45 minutes.
    The size of the conference (about 50 candidates) can be intimidating at first, but as long as you are honest, know your resume/case study, and show your interest in the position, it shouldn't be a problem. Overall a nice experience.
    I received the offer about 3 weeks after the conference.

Interview Questions
    • They were basic situational and behavioral questions to determine how you will act in certain situations. Nothing too intense.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as an FCG.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor.

I began networking with Ford employees at a career fair before being placed on the interview schedule at my university. There is one 30-minute interview with 15 minutes dedicated to a case, and 15 minutes for behavioral questions. I received the case materials a week in advance. The interviewers were extremely friendly, and dedicated considerable time to answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through financial and strategic considerations in the case that led to your recommendation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

I got an email from them saying they wanted to interview me. From the interview to the offer it took a month. The interview itself was simple, they asked behavioral question, question you on things you put on your resume, and of course "Why Ford?". I got interviewed by two people that were very nice, they made me feel very welcomed. Overall the interview was easy because of how they made you feel.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2013.

I applied through campus website and got a on-campus interview in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • All routine behavioral questions. But they asked so many question in limited time.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Phone interview
    On-site interview for 2 hours

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

First round had behavioral questions and a business case. Second round was at the Talent Management Conference with two behavioral interviews with a case and a group interview. TMC was fun and pleasant. Got an offer sometime in a week's span or two, was not counting. Great people, quality of coworkers matters to workplace satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • A follow up question to something I was saying, but it won't make sense to share   Answer Question
    Have concrete reasons, and they will be reasonable.

STA Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in June 2013.

Very professional application and interview process. I was contacted via email regarding being selected to attend a Talent Management Conference. There was some preparation required for the conference. The conference was very professionally managed, with opening remarks given by a Ford Senior Manager, refreshments served, interviews with two Ford Managers, and a lunch provided with Q&A available with two other Ford Quality Managers. I was very impressed with the caliber of all of the Ford employees involved in the conference - very professional and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to get people to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2012.

Overall the process was fairly painless. After applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, which was with 3 people, a few weeks passed and I received an offer. The part of the process that takes the longest and is most grueling is the onboarding process. Getting the information about your position and start take a long time but it is very rewarding when you get to see all of your options.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral. They were all pretty much "name a time" or "what would you do if" style questions. The one question that stuck out the most and is always challenging for people is "why [insert company name]."   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

FCG Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

The interview was setup through a professor and took place at my university. Overall it was a positive experience and they laid the process out well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you completed work for a customer and they came back to you and asked for something different?   View Answer