Ford Motor Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen Park, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer
The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Pretty much a whole day thing. They fly you out the day prior then interviews the next day. Interview started at 11am and was approx. 90 minutes. Intimidating at first, since it is a 3-1 interview process, but the guys are friendly and cool. After the interview, they discuss and they let you know pretty much right away. You will know if you get the job within 10 minutes after the interview. Process is set up in 10 questions. First 5 are technical and the other 5 are behavioral. Answer the question with: situation, how you went about it, and results. Focus all your answers about how you went about it and you'll be fine. Thats all they care about.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

Set up an interview at my college's career fair for the next day. Interview itself was fairly straightforward and formal. There were several standard questions, and the interviewer would take notes on key points they were looking for as I answered; they use the CAR format. It wasn't until we got through all the standard questions and were going through formalities that we found out I wasn't eligible since I wasn't a U.S. citizen and needed work sponsorship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem you faced at your previous job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

The interview process was all day event (8am to 5pm). 50 or so potential hires showed up to the event. it started with breakfast in the morning. Tours of various Ford Facilities/historic sites in Dearborn, MI. The first round of interviewing was about noon after lunch. It was a monitored group discussion with other potential hires. Prior to the interview day we were given a made up scenario that Ford received extra funds to be used and some options were give on how the money should be used. Each potential hire had to choose from the options on how the money should be spent and discuss/defend your choice among the other potential hires. After that, more site seeing and about three o'clock another more formal interview. With a hiring manager and a HR rep. interview was about 30 mins. There was no discussion about what was on my resume. There were some formal interview questions and some behavior type questions like your boss wants you to ship parts that are knowingly nonconforming, do you ship the parts? How would you handle the scenario. We were told that hiring decisions would be made based on those two interview processes and we would know if you going to presented a job offer that same day. After the two rounds of interviews we had a dinner with hiring managers. We were broken into smaller groups and each group had two hiring mangers that we were expected to interact with and get more perspective of the job. This dinner had no bearing on the hiring decision. After the dinner we found out if we would receive a job offer or not. This was a great hiring process. I was intimidated at first by it being an all day event and the number of potential hires. But it all worked out well.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you took a risk? Give STAR (situation task action results)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

had an on-campus interview and invited to the Talent Management Conference

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2013.

After the pre-screening, I was invited to the Ford Talent Management Conference at Ford HQ in Dearborn, MI. This is basically an event where they invite several candidates (20-30) for various opportunities. The event consisted of an interview with two Ford supervisors and a group session with 3 other candidates and a panel of 3 Ford employees. Prior to attending the conference, I was asked to complete a case study where I had to recommend one of the four suggested solutions and make a case for it.

The interview process consisted of 7-8 behavioral based questions and lasted about 30 minutes. Besides short introductions at the beginning, the interviewers went right into the case study. Had to explain my recommendation and why. Then I was asked several behavioral questions including:
     - Describe an innovative solution you came up with
     - Describe a risk you took and the decision making process
     - You are new to a facility and is in charge of a project. Two of the people in your team don't like each other, but you're not aware of it and this conflict has affected progress. What would you do? (They're looking to see how you communicate and manage conflict).
    - You are in charge of a production line and one of the safety guarding is missing on conveyor. The production supervisor wants to start production. What would you do? (Safety first).

The group session lasted about 30-40 mins and was with 3 other candidate (not necessarily interviewing for the same job) and 3 Ford employees. The case study, once again, was used for this session. The scenario was that as a group we had to recommend a solution and rank the others. The 3 employees just observed how we worked as a team and didn't say a word.

Overall I had a great experience. The Ford supervisors and employees I met were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of a production line and one of the safety guarding is missing on conveyor. The production supervisor wants to start production. What would you do?   View Answers (3)
    Didn't have to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2008.

On campus interview. Preliminary screening.

Second interview conducted over 2 days at Ford's Dearborn headquarters.

Overall very positive experience. Ample opportunity for interviewers to get to know each prospective employees experiences, education,strengths etc.

Interview Questions
    • Mock problem solving scenario seemed to encourage 2 interviewees to 'gang up' on a third. Involved hypothetical scenario to address a design flaw.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from a competing firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2011.

I was first contacted by a supervisor who had a position open in his department. He conducted a phone interview with me. On the interview day, there was a presentation about Ford and their vision, a case study group session, and a personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were about to finish an assignment and somebody stepped in and said they have solved your problem?   Answer Question

Ford was looking for someone who was willing to travel more than I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in September 2011.

2 phone screens
    Talent management conference at the HQ
    Offer came within 2 days
    Very well organized and looking forward to work with them

Interview Questions

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!