Ford Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Dearborn, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got through staffing company, they prepared my resume, gave me info to prepare for interview. Also met their VP at the location. They didn't have much time on the interview. They were team of three people, needed the fourth member.

Interview Question – All about past, and hypothetical scenario, at the end of interview they reveal that they need someone who can get information about of some "busy" people, who may or may not be friendly, How would you deal in team, if team member is not supporting?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in December 2012.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at NSHMBA career fair. He told me that with 8 years experience as an aerospace engineer (and an MBA) I was exactly the kind of guy they needed in program management. He gave me a requisition number to apply to.

I received an email a week or so later and filled out a detailed job application. I then received an email invitation to a Ford Talent Management Conference in Detroit. I couldn't make the first one, but they invited me to another they were holding a few weeks later.

The interview was split into two portions. First, they split us into groups for a group case study. They had emailed us a case study where we were to prepare, and we were now to present our recommendation to the 3-4 other members of our small group. Each group was evaluated by silent HR people who watched our interactions. We basically had to work together to reconcile our recommendations and rank them, coming to a group consensus.

The second portion of the interview was with two people from the area where we were interviewing. Mine was with two Program Managers in Product Development (one was a supervisor). They asked a series of run of the mill behavioral questions and a few "what would you do in this situation".

After the interviews, we had a lunch presentation about whatever business unit we were interviewing with, and then we were done.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you used your political savvy to get results.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was pretty decent, but the benefits were consistent with an entry-level job (2 weeks of vacation). I have opportunities at other companies for comparable jobs with better benefits and salary. Had the offer been a little bit sweeter (and tailored to my experience), I would have definitely considered it. Also, after talking to the two PMs who I interviewed with, it didn't seem like there is much ability to progress from the PM level. Both of them had been in product management for 15+ years and when I asked about career path the manager said something like "if you are here for a while and do a really good job on a bunch of projects, over and over, you might get to be a supervisor."

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ford Motor

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor Program Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees and interview candidates.