1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

NVH/CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Otosan (Istanbul (Turkey)) in March 2011.

There was a 200 or so question test in the beginning. Then the HR rep. took a small interview with me going over the CV and some personal history. The questions were quite neutral nothing personal or tough. It took like 15-20 min. Then after an hour of waiting time they called me upstairs to a small conference room to interview with the chief of the NVH department. He started with standard questions like: Tell me about yourself. Can you give an example of a problem that you solved? What is your weakness? Why are you suitable for this job etc. He also asked about the specifics of the school projects from both undergraduate and graduate levels. After that he asked some technical questions like what is hammer-impact test? what are the main sources of noise inside an engine? This took quite long like 1-1.30 hours. then after some other waiting period the head of CAE department came. This guy was quite tough. He asked why I was 1 year late with graduate school. When I answered him that I was having problems, he told me "well, how can I know that you are not gonna have those problems again" He also asked what kind of tasks you do not like to do. Overall it was a difficult interview process.

Interview Questions