Fordham University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Student Worker - Residential Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I applied for a student worker position in the summer. The interview was more about my preferences and a discussion of the work done in the office. Before I met with the staff at the residential office, I met with someone at career services who looked at my resume and sent me on this interview.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your previous work experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY).

Interview

I responded to an online job posting by email. I got a response in less than a week, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. It was a panel interview with three people. The questions were mainly on my experience with analytics, and behavioral questions. I was told that I would hear back in a week. I got a response in a few days that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• We have these 3 different sources of data, how would you work with them and derive insights from them? All behavioral and experience based questions   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fordham University (New York, NY).

Interview

Got asked to do a small programming project in one weekend to prove myself qualified for the coding-related job, and talked 30min about the capability of handling study and work at the same time

Interview Questions

• Asked if necessary, would use own off-school time to keep up with the pace to project   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a friend who asked me if I was interested in working in a particular Fordham GBA office. I was interviewed for a position by my would-be supervisor and a current GA who was working in the same position.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the services offered by our office?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Applied by email. Called in for the interview by email in 2-3 weeks. Office assistant is very polite and helpful. First interview was with the director consisting of a combination of case and behavioral interview. Lasted 45 minutes. I liked the director's attitude.

Next week, assistant emails for a second interview with a senior guy and a meeting with "Future colleagues" on the same day. The senior guy was just going through the interview for tge sake of it. He even said that he can influence decisions for the position ( attitude!). His interview was mostly based on my experience. About 30 mins...
    then comes the meeting with colleagues. There were 4 of them. All were friendly and approachable. They ecen asked me how I plan to commute giving me the impression that I am a top candidate for them. The meeting with them was casual and informative

I left the premises after both interviews about 2 months back. Still haven't heard anything. I followed up once asking if a decision has been made but never got a reply. Wish they responded since I was one of the top 3 to make it to round 2.

I don't believe in thank you emails since its business - they pay us to work 7-8 hours a day. What to thank employers for? We spend time too meeting with them.

Interview Questions

• examples of problem solving, analytical, communication skills. Why fordham   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

There are 2 positions for each yeas GA, and they will choose from 5 candiates

Interview Questions

• Most part just get to know you, nothing too hard, but they also look at your past experience and GPA.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Resume directly to hiring manager. Initial in-person interview one week later. Second interview 6 weeks later. Notification two weeks later via email.

Interview Questions

• I know you don't know us, but how would you fit in with us?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest professional accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What gets you out of bed and excited to come to work in the morning?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview

I was selected to be a member of the consulting team base on my performance in class.

Clerical Staff In Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Drawn out and torturous. Interview bordered on abusive mental cruelty. Racist remarks were made in regard to other candidates that were vying for the same position. It felt unlike an interview and much like blackmail. Psychotic future boss conducted the interview, and was so incompetent that it was obvious that she had no idea what she was doing and was completely unprepared. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "I don't want another lazy one of THEM if you know what I mean, so are you gonna help me? How?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation permissible.

Residence Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fordham University (Bronx, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. For the in-person interview, I met with a variety of people one on one as well as students and potential co-workers in a group setting (6 rounds in total). I was given a campus tour as well. The interview lasted from 9-5. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming for the most part.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a rule that we put in place went against your ethical beliefs.   1 Answer

I had another offer I chose to accept.