Fordham University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fordham University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, I believe, (this was awhile ago) and the entire process was very smooth and simple. I was contacted by telephone to schedule an in-person interview for shortly thereafter. When I got the interview, some basic questions were asked, and after I passed the interview the start date was set for the following Monday.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say that there were any particularly difficult questions, although since I did not have much administrative assistant experience at that point, I did have to explain how I felt I was qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate the salary.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview Details – Got asked to do a small programming project in one weekend to prove myself qualified for the coding-related job, and talked 30min about the capability of handling study and work at the same time

Interview Question – Asked if necessary, would use own off-school time to keep up with the pace to project   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at Fordham University

Interview Details – I was contacted by a friend who asked me if I was interested in working in a particular Fordham GBA office. I was interviewed for a position by my would-be supervisor and a current GA who was working in the same position.

Interview Question – What would you change about the services offered by our office?   Answer Question

Clerical Staff In Library Interview

Clerical Staff In Library
Bronx, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fordham University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Drawn out and torturous. Interview bordered on abusive mental cruelty. Racist remarks were made in regard to other candidates that were vying for the same position. It felt unlike an interview and much like blackmail. Psychotic future boss conducted the interview, and was so incompetent that it was obvious that she had no idea what she was doing and was completely unprepared. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Question – "I don't want another lazy one of THEM if you know what I mean, so are you gonna help me? How?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation permissible.

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview Details – Applied by email. Called in for the interview by email in 2-3 weeks. Office assistant is very polite and helpful. First interview was with the director consisting of a combination of case and behavioral interview. Lasted 45 minutes. I liked the director's attitude.

Next week, assistant emails for a second interview with a senior guy and a meeting with "Future colleagues" on the same day. The senior guy was just going through the interview for tge sake of it. He even said that he can influence decisions for the position ( attitude!). His interview was mostly based on my experience. About 30 mins...
then comes the meeting with colleagues. There were 4 of them. All were friendly and approachable. They ecen asked me how I plan to commute giving me the impression that I am a top candidate for them. The meeting with them was casual and informative

I left the premises after both interviews about 2 months back. Still haven't heard anything. I followed up once asking if a decision has been made but never got a reply. Wish they responded since I was one of the top 3 to make it to round 2.

I don't believe in thank you emails since its business - they pay us to work 7-8 hours a day. What to thank employers for? We spend time too meeting with them.

Interview Question – examples of problem solving, analytical, communication skills. Why fordham   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at Fordham University

Interview Details – There are 2 positions for each yeas GA, and they will choose from 5 candiates

Interview Question – Most part just get to know you, nothing too hard, but they also look at your past experience and GPA.   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Advisor
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fordham University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Resume directly to hiring manager. Initial in-person interview one week later. Second interview 6 weeks later. Notification two weeks later via email.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fordham University.

Interview Details – I was selected to be a member of the consulting team base on my performance in class.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Ram Van Driver Interview

Ram Van Driver
Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fordham University in October 2008.

Interview Details – There is a long "waitlist" as this is the most desirable student position with the highest pay. The interview is not too intense or probing, though there are two test components. First, a written test with 6 questions from the NYS DMV Licensing exam - this sounds easy but the questions are not intuitive for experienced drivers, and it's wiser to study than lose a desirable job for such a silly reason. There is a driving component to the interview, which can be nerve wracking, but they are not too critical- they simply want to see that you're not reckless.

Interview Question – The NYS driving exam can really through you a curveball, and you need 5/6 questions correct to drive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no negotiation.

Residence Life Interview

Residence Life
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fordham University in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. For the in-person interview, I met with a variety of people one on one as well as students and potential co-workers in a group setting (6 rounds in total). I was given a campus tour as well. The interview lasted from 9-5. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming for the most part.

Interview Question – What would you do if a rule that we put in place went against your ethical beliefs.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer I chose to accept.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fordham University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fordham University interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fordham University employees and interview candidates.