ForeFront

Updated Nov 9, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at ForeFront

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ForeFront.

I had applied through my University website. Interview was easy and was mostly based on project management. Interviewer asked what is one thing you would change in your projects. He asked if i would be willing to relocate

Interview Questions

Project Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ForeFront in December 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter; we first had a 30 minute phone interview, and later an in person interview.

The phone interview was typical, and generally very positive.

The in person interview process was a different experience for me. While I did meet one on one with each person, there were four different people I met with, leading to a two hour interview.

I first met with the company's recruiter. She was a lovely young woman, who asked insightful questions and shared a lot of information on the position itself, as it is a new position within the company. She was positive and friendly, and her enthusiasm for the company was very clear. I had an enjoyable conversation with her.

I then met with one of the owners, with whom I would be working with most closely. The position itself would be working specifically with her, managing her calls and calendar, as well as doing background research on potential clients, and a myriad of other duties. She was genial, spoke about her own goals as well as the company's, and about her own experience in growing the company, and what her expectations for the new role would be. It was very clear that she loves what she does.

About an hour into the interview process, I was introduced to the other owner of the company. Now, going from the first two people I met with, I would have to say I was ill prepared for this leg of the interview. I was forewarned that this man had a "dry sense of humor", but really, he was rather insulting. At first, I was not comfortable with the personal questions he was asking me, but as it was an interview with what seemed like a laid back team, I obliged and answered them. However, his questions and comments took a more aggressive turn. A few gems: "What makes you think that you'd be good at something that you've never actually done before?" ; "Just because you say you want something doesn't mean it will happen."; "I only hire smart people." ; "Your goals don't have any connection to your experience." These were only a few of the comments that were made, and if he was trying to come across as being funny, his goal was not met. While he was able to fill in some more specific goals for the position itself, he left me feeling completely dejected. I have a vast skill set, and it was clear that this man had not read my resume, as he assumed everything I said or responded to was a "goal" of mine, and he did not seem to understand that I had already completed projects with my current employer that required the same attributes he claimed to be seeking for this position.

To wrap up my marathon interview, I spent the last 20-30 minutes speaking with a young lady who said her position was that of "General Counsel". Her questions were fairly stock, and as I had just been through 3 interviews, I was a little tired and my answers probably sounded less than enthusiastic. She told me how she spends her day researching and creating documents and contracts, and shared that she was working on the Employee Handbook. She seemed like a very upbeat person who was happy in her position.

After meeting with these four employees, the recruiter came back in to tie up the interview. She clarified my salary requirements, asked if I had an upcoming vacations scheduled, and if I would be willing to travel onsite when needed, but stated that it would not be often. She asked that I email her three professional references, and said we would be in touch that the next time I came in, I would meet some of the developers. When we concluded, it seemed like the interview had generally gone well.

I received an email response two weeks later saying that "it was not a good fit at this time", and wishing me luck in the future.

My references confirmed that they were not contacted, which only tells me that any concerns or questions that this company had about my experience or skills could have been assuaged, but they did not care enough to look into my background.

Interview Questions
    • There were a slew of personal questions asked by the owner. What I found most unexpected/difficult was: "So you used to have dreams, what happened?" In addition, I was asked what my parents do for a living, and why I didn't have more promotions in my tenure at the current company I work for. He also asked why I chose my major and why I don't "do anything with it", and further asked me if I had a baby.   View Answer