Foreign Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Foreign Exchange

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Foreign Exchange.

Interview

Same day I took in my application I was offered an interview time set for the next day. When I had went in the next day I only waited about 10 minutes for the store manager to interview me. It was fairly easy since she only asked about 3 questions and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? Why would you like to work here? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Foreign Exchange (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application in store - got a call to interview two days later. I liked the store and she sounded nice, but some of the managers expectations about coming in to work last minute scared me a little. friendly, though. had me pretend to build an outfit for a girl and a guy about to go on a date together at the movies, looking for clothes at the foriegn exchange. pciked random things in the store to do it. she liked "casual" style i think.

Interview Questions

• if i called you up late afternoon on christmas eve when you already had plans, would you drop everything and come to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Foreign Exchange (Arcadia, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty serious so i was surprised considering it was just a clothing store. The girl who interviewed me wasn't the friendliest person I've ever met, she went straight to business no getting to know each other or anything like that. The interview was fast and the questions were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling me and item from the store?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is simple. Turn in resume and application. Store or hiring manager at specified location interviews and if necessary following interviews with upper management and HR may follow. All full time positions require an HR interview in a business casual setting. Interviews are direct usually with question and answer response styles.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Foreign Exchange in May 2012.

Interview

I turned in the application and my resume to the store, one day later I got a phone call to come in for an interview at 6 o'clock. It was really short notice but I went anyway. I got there 5 minutes early and introduced myself to the manager letting him know I had an interview at 6. He told me to wait around for a bit, so I did. Next thing I know, I'm waiting there for thirty minutes while the manager is talking to his other manager, walking and disappearing into the back room, and coming in and out of the store. I was getting fed up, so I went up to the girl and told her I had an interview at 6pm and she said it's 6:30pm, I then told her that I had been waiting since 5:55pm for an interview. She had to call the store manager and he then played it off as if they never "saw me" and this was the same guy I had introduced myself to when I first walked in!! We then had the 1:1 interview. 2 days later I got a call, but I had missed it and they didn't even leave a voicemail and I didn't even want to call back after all the waiting I had to do. OVERALL, unprofessional. It was the worst interview I have ever had. Waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I don't like the management and no longer like the store. They could not pay me enough to work for this place. I accepted another offer somewhere else.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Foreign Exchange in September 2011.

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application. The assistant manager handed me an application and said he can schedule me an appointment that day if I fill it out there. I came back a few minutes later after filling out my application, and the guy I handed it to was the store manager. So he said we could do an interview right there. We headed to the back. First, I was so nervous because I was unprepared. Secondly, this guy was so unprofessional! He'd ask me questions on this piece of paper, but then he also asked me personal questions like if I had a boyfriend, blah blah blah. Then, he would digress while I am answering one of his interview questions. I kid you not, he would be like,"Those pretzels look so good right now." Then some other associates would go to the back and they would just chit chat as if my interview wasn't being taken seriously. In the end, he said he'd talk to his district manager. Which they called me but I declined

Interview Questions

• He wanted me to see my selling ability. So he asked me to sell him this black ball point pen.   1 Answer

Main point was how UNPROFESSIONAL the interview went. I heard of stories of the manager of that store (the one who interviewed) me, of being shady, and how he hires girls just for their looks. Well, I wasn't being taken seriously, so I really didn't want to take a job at a place with a manager like that.