Forest City Enterprises

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.4

Leasing Consultant Interview

Great love every thing about it people. Were very informative learn alot new things pertaining to property management. It's slot of growth within. The community like hourly wage what experience did you bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • What would do if you had a double tour?   View Answer
    Yes was able to negotiate

Resident Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Stevens, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Stevens, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in September 2014.

Applied online less than two weeks ago. Yesterday I received a call directly from the property manager, who arranged an in person interview with me on site this morning. It went absolutely amazing! I was nervous going in at first because this is really my ideal job. I was a military spouse and this position is within one of FC's military housing communities, so I felt really comfortable coming into the office seeing military families and memorabilia.

The property manager sat down with me in a private office and was absolutely one of the sweetest, easy going, least intimidating people I have ever met. We had a completely flowing, natural, and exciting conversation for over an hour. We were both mutually happy with how the interview went, so she showed me one of the vacant homes in the community.

After I left, she called me to give her manager a call as a follow up to the interview. She basically asked me simple questions like what I am looking for in a job and what I can bring to the community. Tomorrow I have a phone call set up with the recruiter, which should be to arrange drug testing and a background check, but I'm not sure.

Overall, I am SO impressed with how things are going. I don't know if it's just because I'm lucky enough to be interviewing for a great location - but I'm sure the company is equally as awesome purely based on how wonderful the managers I've spoken with are, and how happy they are with their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • None - all extremely easy, natural, flowing questions. In fact, she didn't even ask me the questions from the interview question template. She pushed it to the side, and we just chatted as if we were friends!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in May 2014.

The interview process is relatively easy for interns. The only problem, however, the the time it takes for a recruiter to get back to a candidate is an extremely long time. The interview questions were easy and simple, with a few random "situational" questions. The recruiters are all very nice and willing to get back to you. First you will receive a phone interview from a recruiter. After your phone interview, you'll come onsite for an interview with the hiring manager. This is a short interview basically repeating the same answers and questions as the phone interview. After that, it's just a waiting game!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used analytics.   View Answer
    There was no room to negotiate -- set wage, hours, start date, etc.

Leasing Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interviewing process was a bit unorganized with the recruiter, but was better on property. The questions were pretty difficult to answer on the spot, but it was manageable. They are very thorough with the background and previous employer checks. The hiring process was pretty long from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    • No specific interview question stands out the most to me. However, the interview was difficult because the recruiter wanted me to tailor my answers to specific experiences which is difficult sometimes.   Answer Question
    I don't know that negotiation was an option, but I wish I had tried.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in May 2013.

Two Interviews One in person and one phone. Very laid back.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

To apply you have to go through the careers portal online to get your initial application into the HR department. Once you have applied it is received in an email by the hiring manager and reviewed. If selected the hiring manager will give you a call and conduct a phone interview and setup a time for you to come in and conduct an in person meeting. There was more than one person in my interview; I had the manager and Assistant manager present. After selected you have to take a personality test and pass a drug test and background screening before the negotiation phase begins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to handle a conflict between two feuding employees, what was the outcome, what was your action plan, what were the courses you took and were willing to take if plan a / b / c failed?   View Answer

Computer Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in February 2013.

Panel interview with 2 managers. Asked to meet future coworkers just to see if there was a cultural fit and ask how they liked working there. Interviewers looked at each other and shrugged off the question and asked whether or not I really wanted the job. Overheard conversation outside the door while interviewing. Discovered previous manager was let go because some people didn't like him. I asked someone in HR that was a friend I had not seen in a long time. They told me that IT has a lot of politics and that they use new employees to get their projects completed. After the old timers work is completed they gang up on the newbies to get them fired. The manager had no idea he was being let go and they were trying to hire a new one before telling him. The same thing was done with the people before him.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to do the work if an employee quits or is fired?   View Answer

Overheard conversation outside the door while interviewing. Discovered previous manager was let go because some people didn't like him. I asked someone in HR that was a friend I had not seen in a long time. They told me that IT has a lot of politics and that they use new employees to get their projects completed. After the old timers work is completed they gang up on the newbies to get them fired. The manager had no idea he was being let go and they were trying to hire a new one before telling him. The same thing was done with the people before him. I knew it would be a bad situation and that I would be let go without any notice.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in November 2011.

2 tech people , 2 hrs, 40 -50 tech+ HR ques. covering all topics in .net,sql etc..

Relocation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in April 2011.

I had and initial interview on the phone, after that another interview on the phone, 2 interviews in person. and then three week later the position was offered.

Interview Questions
    There was not an negotiaton phase.

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forest City Enterprises in October 2010.

Initial phone screen followed by a half day of interviews with technical staff and management discussing the culture and company as well as technical qualifications and tasks

Interview Questions
    • Depends on who is interviewing you, most people at Forest City don't conduct good interviews. "How do you deal with conflict" "What are you most proud of from past jobs"   View Answer
    Go in direct through their career site, they will low ball you, then remind them they aren't paying a headhunting fee.