Forest City Enterprises

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leasing Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was a bit unorganized with the recruiter, but was better on property. The questions were pretty difficult to answer on the spot, but it was manageable. They are very thorough with the background and previous employer checks. The hiring process was pretty long from beginning to end.

Interview Question – No specific interview question stands out the most to me. However, the interview was difficult because the recruiter wanted me to tailor my answers to specific experiences which is difficult sometimes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't know that negotiation was an option, but I wish I had tried.

Leasing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in May 2013.

Interview Details – Two Interviews One in person and one phone. Very laid back.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Computer Network Manager Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in February 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 2 managers. Asked to meet future coworkers just to see if there was a cultural fit and ask how they liked working there. Interviewers looked at each other and shrugged off the question and asked whether or not I really wanted the job. Overheard conversation outside the door while interviewing. Discovered previous manager was let go because some people didn't like him. I asked someone in HR that was a friend I had not seen in a long time. They told me that IT has a lot of politics and that they use new employees to get their projects completed. After the old timers work is completed they gang up on the newbies to get them fired. The manager had no idea he was being let go and they were trying to hire a new one before telling him. The same thing was done with the people before him.

Interview Question – Are you willing to do the work if an employee quits or is fired?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Overheard conversation outside the door while interviewing. Discovered previous manager was let go because some people didn't like him. I asked someone in HR that was a friend I had not seen in a long time. They told me that IT has a lot of politics and that they use new employees to get their projects completed. After the old timers work is completed they gang up on the newbies to get them fired. The manager had no idea he was being let go and they were trying to hire a new one before telling him. The same thing was done with the people before him. I knew it would be a bad situation and that I would be let go without any notice.

Very Easy Interview

IT Developer Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen followed by a half day of interviews with technical staff and management discussing the culture and company as well as technical qualifications and tasks

Interview Question – Depends on who is interviewing you, most people at Forest City don't conduct good interviews. "How do you deal with conflict" "What are you most proud of from past jobs"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Go in direct through their career site, they will low ball you, then remind them they aren't paying a headhunting fee.

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interview Details – To apply you have to go through the careers portal online to get your initial application into the HR department. Once you have applied it is received in an email by the hiring manager and reviewed. If selected the hiring manager will give you a call and conduct a phone interview and setup a time for you to come in and conduct an in person meeting. There was more than one person in my interview; I had the manager and Assistant manager present. After selected you have to take a personality test and pass a drug test and background screening before the negotiation phase begins.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to handle a conflict between two feuding employees, what was the outcome, what was your action plan, what were the courses you took and were willing to take if plan a / b / c failed?   View Answer

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by a Multi-Person/Team interview

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, each manager approaches the process differently   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Cleveland, OH

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 tech people , 2 hrs, 40 -50 tech+ HR ques. covering all topics in .net,sql etc..

Interview Questions

Relocation Specialist Interview

Biloxi, MS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had and initial interview on the phone, after that another interview on the phone, 2 interviews in person. and then three week later the position was offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was not an negotiaton phase.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Facility Manager Interview

Assistant Facility Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in March 2009.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview to get the feeling of the company and the co-workers. Setup an 1:1 interview with common interview questions. Drug and Background testings required.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in June 2008.

Interview Details – I first made contact via a Craigslist ad. I then talked with the Property Manager through email setting up an office interview. The office was friendly and the interview process was very easy. After this process I received a phone interview from the corporate office. I got the job offer in early June. Then I had to take the Wonderlic, as well as take a drug test. It took almost a full month for the hirering process to finalize.

Interview Question – Questions ranged from what you knew about the company, life long goals, and music interests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate the salary, but the salary, as well as commission, was more than enough.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Forest City Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forest City Enterprises interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forest City Enterprises employees and interview candidates.