Forest Labs

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Johnson City, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forest Labs in June 2014.

Interview Details – Started with applying on the website to show interest. Received an email a couple days later stating Forest was interested and they sent me a survey that took about 45 minutes to complete. About 3 days later I got a call from a Regional Manager wanting to set up a phone interview. This was mainly to go over my resume. Couple days later I got a call back from the RM wanting a face to face interview with him and a DM. This was going over my resume again, STAR questions, weaknesses/strengths, mock drug sale, ect. The next day I got another call from the RM saying that I had another interview the next day with him and the DM again. This interview was exactly the same as the previous one which seemed like a waste of time. When I left they said that if selected there would be another interview with them and a RD. That night I got a call saying that I needed more outside sales experience for them to want me. It was good interview experience but I feel like they wasted a lot of my time since I had to drive 5 hours for each interview and use PTO at my current job.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Just the generic interview questions.   Answer Question

QA Project Analyst Interview

QA Project Analyst
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Forest Labs.

Interview Details – I was hired as a temp as a R&D QA. Then moved to the different group as they don't had budget for my headcount. I had to work additional 2 more years as a tem and finally my boss made my position as a permanent postion.

Interviewed at Forest Labs

Interview Details – first completed an assessement. the interview: nice and friendly, in an hotel: great manager that asked the standard questions. the interview lasted 30 minutes and ended with an explanation of the job duties

Interview Question – what is your weakness   Answer Question

DD&R Interview

DD&R

Interviewed at Forest Labs

Interview Details – it was a competitive process that can result in a positive outcome if you prepare by looking at common job hunting websites and looking at interview books. meet multiple people over the coarse of the day. may include a meal interview, continue to act professionally and it should be fine.

Interview Question – describe what you did   Answer Question

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forest Labs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Star format. Gave me a script to review for 15min and had to pitch the sales form they gave me. Are you teachable/coachable was really annoying. Are you pen or pencil. Did you like and follow your previous manager. Give me examples of everything.

Interview Question – Are you a pen or pencil.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Company was bought out and hiring managers very shady when asked about stability. No expense account. They want robots not seasoned sales people.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forest Labs.

Interview Details – The interview process was with two separate managers and was relatively close, around a week apart. The managers were diffidently different as far as the focus of their questions. One of the interviewers was very analytical and asked a lot about work relating to work ethic and judgement and the other interviewer asked more questions relating to working in a team. overall the interview was very balanced.

Interview Question – Can a fish drown? ---This was seriously a question!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their was no negotiation the offer was written up and their was no changing it.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Statistical Programmer
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Forest Labs in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process can be a bit unfriendly because technical skills are grilled and that is their focus and emphasis at that time. They are however sensitive to the interviewee being abrupt or unfriendly and will be rejected for that.

Interview Question – SAS programming skills are drilled. Then it is important to know about the new standards of CDISC, CDASH, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since I was happy with the offer.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Forest Labs.

Interview Details – Hiring process with contract company.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went above and beyond to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – would not negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Commack, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forest Labs in January 2010.

Interview Details – Completely inept HR department. Clueless about what works or who is valuable vs who is truly a flight risk. Priorities are completely wrong.

Interview Question – Spoke to salary before speaking to responsibilities and expectations. Thought this was not the most professional approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – never take the first offer, always negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forest Labs.

Interview Details – Long process..similar to interviewing for FBI. Phone screen with recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager. In face with hiring manager. Giving a scheduling exercise to do, shows how you will plan your days. Next interview was a panel with another manager, hiring manager, and regional sales director. Role Play and situational questions. Lastly, final interview with job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. Job market is full of out of work pharma reps so tough to ask for much more.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!