Forest Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in May 2011.

Phone screen with manager , 2 face to face interviews with 2 managers, ride along with sales rep, interview with regional director. Received offer the afternoon after the RD interview

Other Interview Reviews for Forest Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in November 2009.

Answer all questions in the STAR format. Having prior sales experience is a must. Have specific examples of all sorts of situations.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready for a role play with your possible DM, make sure you are coach able. Close close close   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals.

Interview was detailed and DM was unhappy and angry that she was interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in August 2011.

Interviewer was very aggressive and i would consider this an objection interview to see how one handles rejection. He constantly rebutted everything I said basically telling me I was not right for the position and broke me down till I had nothing else to say. After leaving the interview I definetley learned from it and will be even more prepared for the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over someone who has an extensive background and proven sales record?   View Answer
    • Why Pharmaceuticals?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

it was like a series as the two people were acting that one of them was agood guy and the other was a bad guy, one was smiling all the time and the other was about to hit me .this was my overall perception about the interview i did .
    about some questions i was asked,

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

What skills do you want to enhance? Prior job responsibilities and what liked most and least, what you learned, why left. Describe and evaluate performance and how works. Strengths, development areas. How respond to coaching and tough feedback. Questions on leveraging, challenges, teamwork, problem solving, customer tailoring, knowing your industry. Bring documentation. Sales simulation, CLOSE, check in, etc
    You're welcome!

Interview Questions
    Very little room they know the economy and basically it's take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

1st interview was with 2 mgrs and lasted 2 hrs. 1st part of interview was basic review of resume and asking relevant questions to position, responsibilites and awards/recognition. 2nd part of interview was answering STAR questions - "Tell me about a time when . . . " 3rd part of interview was detail roll playing of made-up product to "dr." based on set of information given. Allowed 15 minutes to prepare for the detail.

2nd and 3rd interviews were with regional mgr and regional director. Basic questions and a couple of more STAR questions as well.

If you are experienced sales person or have had interview experience, the process is not difficult. If you don't have sales or interview experience, it may be more stressful having to think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not agree with an evaluation given by your manager after a ride-along.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an office that did not see sales reps, but you were able to successfully negotiate seeing the physician and the outcome/result.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of negotiation room with salary, although there is some wiggle room based on experience.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

I received a phone screen of some very basic questions - Why do I want to leave my current job? Why pharma? Why Forest? I then had a face to face interview with the hiring DM. This interview was resume review, STAR questions and a sales simulation. A few days later I had a second interview with the same DM with more STAR questions and a sales routing activity. The DM sent me and one other candidate to the Regional Director for a final interview. This interview was more STAR questions and he went over some of his concerns with hiring me. I got a call from the DM the next day with a verbal offer. Once I had the verbal I had to do a drug screen and background check. It took a while for the written offer letter to arrive and I had to quit my job and go to training inside of 2 weeks which angered my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations on pay or vacation. They won't do it.

Worked for Forest Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!