Forest Pharmaceuticals

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in November 2009.

Interview Details – Answer all questions in the STAR format. Having prior sales experience is a must. Have specific examples of all sorts of situations.

Interview Question – Be ready for a role play with your possible DM, make sure you are coach able. Close close close   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interview was detailed and DM was unhappy and angry that she was interviewing.

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very aggressive and i would consider this an objection interview to see how one handles rejection. He constantly rebutted everything I said basically telling me I was not right for the position and broke me down till I had nothing else to say. After leaving the interview I definetley learned from it and will be even more prepared for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you over someone who has an extensive background and proven sales record?   View Answer
  • Why Pharmaceuticals?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was like a series as the two people were acting that one of them was agood guy and the other was a bad guy, one was smiling all the time and the other was about to hit me .this was my overall perception about the interview i did .
about some questions i was asked,

Interview Question – Why didn't you make bonuses   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

Interview Details – What skills do you want to enhance? Prior job responsibilities and what liked most and least, what you learned, why left. Describe and evaluate performance and how works. Strengths, development areas. How respond to coaching and tough feedback. Questions on leveraging, challenges, teamwork, problem solving, customer tailoring, knowing your industry. Bring documentation. Sales simulation, CLOSE, check in, etc
You're welcome!

Interview Question – See comments   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room they know the economy and basically it's take it or leave it.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1st interview was with 2 mgrs and lasted 2 hrs. 1st part of interview was basic review of resume and asking relevant questions to position, responsibilites and awards/recognition. 2nd part of interview was answering STAR questions - "Tell me about a time when . . . " 3rd part of interview was detail roll playing of made-up product to "dr." based on set of information given. Allowed 15 minutes to prepare for the detail.

2nd and 3rd interviews were with regional mgr and regional director. Basic questions and a couple of more STAR questions as well.

If you are experienced sales person or have had interview experience, the process is not difficult. If you don't have sales or interview experience, it may be more stressful having to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not agree with an evaluation given by your manager after a ride-along.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about an office that did not see sales reps, but you were able to successfully negotiate seeing the physician and the outcome/result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation room with salary, although there is some wiggle room based on experience.

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forest Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone screen of some very basic questions - Why do I want to leave my current job? Why pharma? Why Forest? I then had a face to face interview with the hiring DM. This interview was resume review, STAR questions and a sales simulation. A few days later I had a second interview with the same DM with more STAR questions and a sales routing activity. The DM sent me and one other candidate to the Regional Director for a final interview. This interview was more STAR questions and he went over some of his concerns with hiring me. I got a call from the DM the next day with a verbal offer. Once I had the verbal I had to do a drug screen and background check. It took a while for the written offer letter to arrive and I had to quit my job and go to training inside of 2 weeks which angered my previous employer.

Interview Question – Why did you see those results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on pay or vacation. They won't do it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forest Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Forest Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forest Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forest Pharmaceuticals employees and interview candidates.